Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Audio with xara slideshow widget?

Hi, using WD11p, I am using Xara slideshow widgets on my website and they work well, however, am wondering if audio (eg. background music) can be added in some easy way? I don't see it as an option although I realise it's available in some other software on the web that I've used before, but I prefer the Xara widget. Thanks, Rikko

Default Re: Audio with xara slideshow widget?

Quote Originally Posted by rikkoshea View Post
    Hi, using WD11p, I am using Xara slideshow widgets on my website and they work well, however, am wondering if audio (eg. background music) can be added in some easy way? I don't see it as an option although I realise it's available in some other software on the web that I've used before, but I prefer the Xara widget. Thanks, Rikko
    Rikko, just drag & drop an MP3 onto your Page background. You then get an option to Auto start:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audio.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	112540

You can hide the control bar on the page or search for details around magix_player.js, which are very limited.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Auto or audio? I'm totally confused here.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Auto or audio? I'm totally confused here.
    Gary, the Auto start button option means the MP3 audio track you imported onto the page automatically starts, as background, when the page is viewed in a browser.

I do hope we don't get too many sites offering this as it is an insult to the ears, just as colour and graphics are an insult to the eyes (if done excessively).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

it's also disregarding where the visitor may be, or what else they may be doing, when they land on the page
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Agree with Acorn and handrawn about audio that starts automatically. However, the member's question is, is there any way to add audio to the Xara Slideshow.

Is there?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Agree with Acorn and handrawn about audio that starts automatically. However, the member's question is, is there any way to add audio to the Xara Slideshow.
    Is there?
    No, but the Slideshows start automatically and the cacophony also starts automatically. The OP asked for "background music", not synchronised.

Acorn

P.S. It is possible to sync sound to visual but I'm not offering as it is too custom.

I haven't seen any way to link an audio file to a photo slideshow widget, but maybe I missed it. I would suggest creating the slideshow in a video editing program like Magix Movie Edit Pro and include the music, create an mp4 file and insert it into a page. As usual, autoplay should be off.

John

Hi again, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my question, but I was wondering if the Xara slideshow widget included an option to add/link sound (eg background music) to the slideshow, perhaps in a similar way as some other software such as Flash Slideshow Maker Professional, at: http://www.flash-slideshow-maker.com/pro.html . In that program you can add/link a sound file, with or without auto-play, to any sideshow created in that program. However, I prefer the Xara widget slideshow (it is easier for me to use & edit and also doesn't have any advertising etc). But it seems that the Xara widget doesn't have the option to include audio. Thanks for your interest, Rikko

Hi Rikko - No you cannot do this in Xara. And a Flash slideshow is no longer an option as support for Flash is rapidly disappearing. So you need to find a non flash slideshow that supports audio and which you can being into Xara via a placeholder.

I would start with a Google search for non-Flash slideshow with audio capability. And if they have a trial version see if it will work with Xara before you buy.