Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Web Designer 365 Premium - Now a subscription product?

Thanks Kate. Does that include for those who have to re-install on a new computer?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    Why untenable? It is actually opting to return to the model we have used for the last few years ie upgrade once a year.
    Because human nature is such that people will naturally download these updates.

The problem is not about the updates and new features, it's about the huge disappointment users will feel if they are faced with losing functionality if they are out-of-subscription and faced with an intentional or unintended configuration change.

It's the knowledge that people will be in a position where they may be forced to renew a subscription to preserve the functionality that they enjoyed, is what makes people think again about this scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    It's the knowledge that people will be in a position where they may be forced to renew a subscription to preserve the functionality that they enjoyed, is what makes people think again about this scheme.
    Bravo! You must have been a carpenter at one time, because you squarely hit the nail on the head -- IMO.

As I said before, I'm trying this ONE TIME. If it just becomes a money grab (that is all subscription based software seems to be), I'll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    To be honest I don't know the answer to that, but I will ask the Magix team who handle the activation system. Handrawn if you find the new features tempting (http://www.xara.com/web-designer/whats-new) but aren't comfortable with the conditions on the updates offered during the next 365 days then one option you could consider is rejecting the updates and then looking again the program in a year's time and deciding in the usual way whether you want to upgrade or not (at which point you'd get a new perpetual license to the then-current version, including the updates we had released in the previous 365 days). That would be something more like the v11 model.
    thanks Kate

yes I could do that [see here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...54#post551754] - post #170 last paragraph

I could also capture all the updates as they install on my computer as i have the technical knowhow to do this

But I 'just draw'... I am thinking that the guys who build web-sites are not going to want to wait for the new features
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...