Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Editable Widget ... "Any color you want, as long as it's black?"

Just purchased Web Designer Premium, and have been tinkering around with it a bit ... as have some others I know on another forum. We are all current / former Serif WebPlus users who are looking for a viable alternative since Serif has dropped WP and Xara looks like a good alternative. I've personally played with Xara Webdesigner 10 Premium on and off this last year, as have a couple of the others.

Looking at the program and the "website variations" it seems that it will save me some work and avoid building two sites from scratch.

That being said, I am wondering if there is a way to customize the "Hoover Widget 3" (see attached file) so that the background behind the text is not tied to any particular color in the color scheme, nor defaulting to black.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Editable Widget ... "Any color you want, as long as it's black?"

Not easy to explain but you need to create a named colour 'Theme Color 1' and edit the widget in step 2 to use this named color. NOTE: if you don't keep this named colour on the page and have 'Delete Unused Name Colours on Save' this is lost.

See attachment.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, that was sooooo easy when you follow clear instructions.

Ciao

Roly

Cheers Roly,

I think this needs some more thought by Xara to make this intuitive. At the moment this widget doesn't contain, nor retain the named colour 'Theme Color 1'
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I agree Egg, thank God for fixes by Egg.

Ciao

Roly

Maybe it's a typo on my part, but renaming one of the theme colors 'Theme Color 1' didn't change anything. Tried loading a color theme that already had a 'Theme Color 1', nothing changed.

Removed the photo hover reloaded color theme, background still black.

Apparently I'm not doing something right, but unsure what it is.

ok, my bad. So I go into the "edit mode" (correct nomenclature ?) for the widget ... there I assign a color theme to the widget. Once that is done save and the color does change to whatever the page has for "Theme Color 1"

May take a bit of getting used to as I am used to being able to assign any color or gradient to a panel.

Thanks for taking time to help.

Glad you got it sorted Dijenga. I agree, it's not very intuitive.
    Egg

Lon over at the BODMIN forum has come up with a way to "work around" the problem ...http://www.webplus-support.co.uk/boa...c=294.msg0#new

BTW, he seems to be having trouble getting logged in here. (http://www.webplus-support.co.uk/boa...sg2191#msg2191)

Has a moderator deleted a post here? Dijenga posted a link to:

http://www.webplus-support.co.uk/boa...c=294.msg0#new

However I can't open this post on TG only via the email notification.
    Egg