Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: install on D:?

Default install on D:?

New laptop - can't find a way to install D11X Pro on 1T D: rather than on 128GB C: SSD.

How can I do so?

Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: install on D:?

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    New laptop - can't find a way to install D11X Pro on 1T D: rather than on 128GB C: SSD.
    How can I do so?
    Tks - jb
    You can select the path through picking Custom install.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bear in mind that not all of the program will be installed on the 'D' drive, certain elements of the program will be installed on drive 'C' into the registry

And the app data, etc.

Tks Gary and Miko - makes sense, Duh.

Understand about the registry but trying to keep most of stuff off of the small SSD.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

I had this problem but solved it by purchasing and installing a larger SSD. The price on these has come way down.

And fortunately, we have a computer repair guy where I live who installed the new drive and cloned my current SSD onto the new drive.

You could look into symbolic links to allow folders to be moved.
    Something like: http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-windows-7.htm or http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/wi...ndows-3500581/.

Be advised, I have not tried this myself for many, many years and, when tinkering, you are on your own.
    I have Norton Ghost backups and original CDs and all sorts of fall-back stratagems and I still overlook some tiny thing.

What usually motivate me is the hardware failure of a PC or laptop so i have usually had the opportunity to start afresh.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat