Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default SmartShape: Fade in then close on-click or timed fade out possible?

Hello - using 365. I have a SmartShape that shows via fade-in animation on a page. I'd like to have it close on-click or fade out after a certain amount of time. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: SmartShape: Fade in then close on-click or timed fade out possible?

Quote Originally Posted by 11web7 View Post
    Hello - using 365. I have a SmartShape that shows via fade-in animation on a page. I'd like to have it close on-click or fade out after a certain amount of time. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!
    Probably put it on its one layer.
    Then for the shape's link add popup:close.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

To achive a fade out, replace it with another object or background colored square that fades in. Same idea.

Acorn: Thanks for the reply! For adding "popup:close", am I typing that in somewhere (if so where on the link tab) or am I selecting from a dropdown (Which I don't really see). Thanks!
    Last edited by 11web7; 23 April 2016 at 06:20 PM.

Just saw your reply...will try that too...thanks!

Info Re: SmartShape: Fade in then close on-click or timed fade out possible?

Quote Originally Posted by 11web7 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! For adding "popup:close", am I typing that in somewhere (if so where on the link tab) or am I selecting from a dropdown (Which I don't really see). Thanks!
    I am truly sorry for being terse.
    Select the Smart Shape and open its Web Properties, on the Link tab for the Link to web or Email address box, enter popup;close. and press the OK or Apply button.

After all this, I tried it and it won't work unless there is a trigger.
    So please discount my first suggestion.

Gary and I came up with the approach that Gary mentions back in the early days of XWD11P.

The red box has a Reveal animation of Slide in from left.
    It has a web Properties > Link to the Pop-up layer, Coverup, that has the green box, which has a Transition effect of Slide in from left.

The green box has a Scroll animation of Slide in from left and is the same profile as the red shape.

Finally, the green box has a popup:close link to reveal the red box.
    If you are truly hiding the red box, you do not need this but then every reveal of the red box has it disappearing. You then have to extend the green box all the way back to the page left edge.

Second finally, the green box colour needs to match the page background, so you may have to create a bitmap as an overlay.

Coverups.web

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here's an example of a fade in fade out http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/fade-in-out/

The photo fades in. A white rectangle fades in delayed a few seconds. The text fades in a split second later. The effect is the photo fading in and out.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to explain and provide the information & examples! Fantastic support as always!