Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default picture galleries / pop-ups / smart grids problems

Hi,

i'm trying the new web designer for a new site and i just noticed that photo smart grid doesn't group pictures.

if i have 2 galleries on one page and i click on a photo in the first gallery and start clicking right through the pop-ups it shows the pictures from the second gallery too.

This happens with just dropping images on the page and assigning image popups to selected images too.

Although there is a problem with the sorting order.

Put 3 images one after another from left to right on a page, select all and assign image pop-ups to all.

Now click on the middle image - the pop-up opens and if you press the arrow key to the right the same picture opens again centered.

If you click on the image to the right this one opens in the popup and if you press the arrow key to the right the pop-up of the image in the middle opens.

The same ordering problems happen if you just put the sample smart grid from the test version on a blank page.

Help,

Fly

Default Re: picture galleries / pop-ups / smart grids problems

Xara has never separated pop-up galleries or other images with Image > Pop-up photo selecte when they are on the same page or even on different layers of the same page.

What I have tried previously is having the grids on separate pages and then using the Embed a website to add them to the page of interest.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'd like to have pop-ups of about 900 px width that would be clipped in the iframe - thought of that too.

I just tried the Landscape thumbnail gallery in designer pro x 11 and it works as expected. I placed it 2 times on the same page and filled it with different test pictures. Both galleries pop-ups loop for themselves. And the other problems described above are gone too.

But you cannot configure the look of the gallery. I'd like to remove frames, shadows and symbols.

The highslide config hacks don't work.

bb,

Fly

Quote Originally Posted by FLySOLO View Post
    I'd like to have pop-ups of about 900 px width that would be clipped in the iframe - thought of that too.
    I just tried the Landscape thumbnail gallery in designer pro x 11 and it works as expected. I placed it 2 times on the same page and filled it with different test pictures. Both galleries pop-ups loop for themselves. And the other problems described above are gone too.
    But you cannot configure the look of the gallery. I'd like to remove frames, shadows and symbols.
    The highslide config hacks don't work.
    bb,
    Fly
    You're more in the weeds on this than I am, so I'll bow out.
    Thanks for the update,
    acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat