Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasteboard background not editable

Hi,

I have a repeating group rectangle on my pasteboard background and I would like to make it "not visible" for now but when I click on the "eye" nothing happens. The layer is unlocked so I'm not sure what I'm missing

Default Re: Pasteboard background not editable

Right click on the pasteboard area and select Pasteboard Background > Reset

Quote Originally Posted by axt2016 View Post
    Hi, I have a repeating group rectangle on my pasteboard background and I would like to make it "not visible" for now but when I click on the "eye" nothing happens. The layer is unlocked so I'm not sure what I'm missing
    A non-destructive approach is to right-click in the Pasteboard background text in the Page & Layer gallery and pick the Layer Properties, or the same with select it and click the Properties... button.

Then untick the Visible option and click OK or Apply.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi,

It's been a while but I' ran into the same thing I had above from 2 years ago. When I follow Acorns suggestion all the rectangles (I have 7 of them) become non-visible. I only want to make one or two of them non visible. Is this possible?

I'm now running Web Designer Premium 15

Thanks

Steve

Hi,
    It's been a while but I' ran into the same thing I had above from 2 years ago. When I follow Acorns suggestion all the rectangles (I have 7 of them) become non-visible. I only want to make one or two of them non visible. Is this possible?
    I'm now running Web Designer Premium 15
    Thanks Steve
    Options > Page Size > document: untick All pages in document the same.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

HI Acorn,

Thank you for replying.

I followed your suggestion above and when I unticked "all pages in document the same" I still was not able to make one of the rectangles in the pasteboard background not visible. If I move the rectangle to page background I can do this but not while this rectangle is in the pasteboard background layer. Is this by design or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Steve

HI Acorn,
    Thank you for replying.
    I followed your suggestion above and when I unticked "all pages in document the same" I still was not able to make one of the rectangles in the pasteboard background not visible. If I move the rectangle to page background I can do this but not while this rectangle is in the pasteboard background layer. Is this by design or am I missing something?
    Thanks Steve
    Perhaps just unlocking the Pasteboard and then deleting the Rectangle might work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pasteboard Away.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	121184

The middle page no longer has a Pasteboard.

Acorn

Hi Acorn,

This is why I think there's something missing or wrong or just part of the design. I do have the pasteboard unlocked and I can highlight the rectangle but I can't make the rectangle un visible .. I can delete the rectangle, move it to another layer , like page background, but not able to move it within the pasteboard layer.

Just for the heck of it, I added a circle to the pasteboard layer and once I did I could not make that circle non visble either.

I then right clicked on the pasteboard background in page & layer gallery, layer properties and the box, editable was clicked. Is there a bug in the program? Am I missing something.

Question. What if I moved the rectangles to a different layer, deleted the Pasteboard background layer and then created a new pasteboard background layer. Will that new layer really be a "pasteboard backgrounf layer?

Thanks

Hi Acorn,
    This is why I think there's something missing or wrong or just part of the design. I do have the pasteboard unlocked and I can highlight the rectangle but I can't make the rectangle un visible .. I can delete the rectangle, move it to another layer , like page background, but not able to move it within the pasteboard layer.
    Just for the heck of it, I added a circle to the pasteboard layer and once I did I could not make that circle non visble either.
    I then right clicked on the pasteboard background in page & layer gallery, layer properties and the box, editable was clicked. Is there a bug in the program? Am I missing something.
    Question. What if I moved the rectangles to a different layer, deleted the Pasteboard background layer and then created a new pasteboard background layer. Will that new layer really be a "pasteboard backgrounf layer?
    Thanks
    A Pasteboard rectangle is designed to flood the entire background so it cannot just be moved around.
    When it is the absolute bottom-most item on the Pasteboard layer, this mode kicks in. If you add a circle it replicates both on the X- and Y-axes.
    I can make the rectangle transparent and change its fill. Making it totally transparent, effectively "removes" it.
    Finally, you can lock or scroll the shape you have chosen so, all-in-all, it is very versatile.
    If you work at it, you can create some clever frieze and wallpaper designs.

Acorn