I thought I'd ask about SEO. I recently did a business site for someone who couldn't afford a professional company at £2k or higher for his up-coming removals company.

The business he went to originally came back and looked at his site and really rinsed it saying he was "..gonna get absolutely nuked in terms of SEO. The code quality is so poor. Inline styles on the whole site."

Now I know his site turns up on search engines exactly where he wants it and I know he gets queries and enquiries that come directly through the site. I did get him placing links to it all over the relevant removal company listing and I got him to get a Facebook and Twitter account up and running.

I've told him if he wants to get it fully completed professionally replacement that's fine but I have always taken most of my SEO advice and tips on here and if Xara sites are so, so, bad how do they ever get good listings?

I'm sure everyone on here knows more than me but I would love to see some experienced and wise opinions.

Cheers
David