Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Web Designer 11 Premium Trial

I'm considering purchasing Xara Web Designer 11 Premium. I've downloaded the trial version and played around with a template or two. I have an order version of Xara Web Designer but switched over to Adobe Muse. Building a mobile version of a site is quite easy with Muse but have decided to go back to Xara now. Before purchasing the version 11 Premium, I want to be sure how to build a mobile version of a site but I've been unable to figure that out with the trial version. Please explain how a mobile version is built. Does the trial version have that option or am I just not seeing it?

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 11 Premium Trial

Reading further, am I correct in my understanding that, as long as I use an RWD template I will create one website and, once loaded, it response appropriately to whichever device the user is using? If so, it seems it will only be "a responsive site" for those using Windows 10 correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Alliefan View Post
    Reading further, am I correct in my understanding that, as long as I use an RWD template I will create one website and, once loaded, it response appropriately to whichever device the user is using? If so, it seems it will only be "a responsive site" for those using Windows 10 correct?
    Not quite. Your design will render in any modern browser on any system, so W10 is not an issue.

Regarding responsive sites, you would create your main design then with its available assets, chose a suitable responsive size and then reposition the assets, change font size, image size and other natures, even omit content to suit a smaller presentation. This can be repeated for a number of widths, though generally two or three suffice.

The down side is this is not automatically generated,you are maintaining two or more designs.
    These are effectively packaged together for seamless adaption for H oV smartphones all the way up to a large PC.

Don't buy the XWD11P version as it has a new upgrade called Xara Web Designer 365 Premium.
    Also, download the trial for this, it is fully functional and comes with a Responsive template that you can examine.
    Do also check the upgrade cost from your older Xara product.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for the reply. I'm fine with having to design and maintain 2 sites, resize and reposition the ...I had to do that in amuse also but, I muse there was a tab at the top where you toggled back and forth between the 2 layouts. I do not see where to find the mobile layout. Ive downloaded a template that has both but not sure how to get to the mobile layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliefan View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I'm fine with having to design and maintain 2 sites, resize and reposition the ...I had to do that in amuse also but, I muse there was a tab at the top where you toggled back and forth between the 2 layouts. I do not see where to find the mobile layout. Ive downloaded a template that has both but not sure how to get to the mobile layout.
    The design you downloaded may not have had a Mobile variant already created. I don't use the Themes but previously they had (R) in their name for Responsive.

If you design does not come with a Mobile variant, you create one with Utilities > Website variants > Website Variants... > Create.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

2 more mobile variant questions please. I have purchased and I'm now using the Web Designer Premium 365. I am not using a template for this particular website. I created my desktop version and now I'm working on the mobile variant. I have 2 tabs open on my workspace as indicated in the first attachment. However, when I preview the site, it always opens the desktop version. I'm unable to preview the mobile site.

Also, each element has the share variant feature active. However, when I grab and try to resize for the mobile variant, it also decreases the size on the desktop version. What am I doing wrong?

FYI ... I tried posting this as a new question but could not find how to post a new thread. That has happened before almost like I can only view others post or see my older post ... ???

I appreciate your help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	113532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	113533
    Last edited by Alliefan; 19 July 2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Adding attachments

However, when I preview the site, it always opens the desktop version. I'm unable to preview the mobile site.
    If you're viewing on a desktop or laptop, reduce the width of the browser window until the mobile variant is viewable.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Also, each element has the share variant feature active. However, when I grab and try to resize for the mobile variant, it also decreases the size on the desktop version. What am I doing wrong?
    This shouldn't be happening, and I can't replicate it. Could you attach your .web file that's showing this behaviour?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If you go to the root of TG, say 'Xara web design chat' you'll see the +Post New Thread button
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-new-thread.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	113534  
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    This shouldn't be happening, and I can't replicate it. Could you attach your .web file that's showing this behaviour?
    Do I need to create a new post to be able to attach that file? I'm not getting the option to attach it here.