Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't fill in shape

Hello,

I've been trying to fill in this shape with color and I can't figure out why it won't work
    Maybe somebody can help...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Can't fill in shape

well all I can say was a right left-click on the colour bar filled it for me .....

are you trying ti fill the lines - ie change their colour

oh and you did have it selected didn't you

edit sorry should be left click to block fill if your mouse is set up the usuall way....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Here it is.
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

You gonna tell him how you fixed it?

Yes sooner or later...
    Ok It was a series of methods...the shape was a line shape, so I had to break shapes into a collection of shapes, then switch to wireframe view and proceed to select the shapes created and reconstruct them into 'letters' using each letter, then combining those.
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Try it by selecting the shape, switch to the Shape tool. Select a node. Hit home, break that more. Drag one side of the node a little away and then back again and there will be a plus sign. Let go of the node. Shape fills with the red.

Handrawn: I wasn't trying to color the lines (that worked fine) and I did try clicking on the color for a few of the letters (or shapes), but it didn't work.

Scotty: I did look into the original shapes and they were actually shapes (or so I thought, since I couldn't close any of them after I broke everything up and the status bar never said they were lines)

Mwenz: I moved the first (or last) of the nodes and I could see it was a closed shape so I didn't pursued it.

In the end, I made a thin outline which was filled (I did nothing else) and I erased the original.

Thank you all for your input

okay well I know I have been doing this sort of thing in my sleep for 10 years or more, but literally all I did was select tundra and then left-click [for a right handed mouse] on the colour bar

and I got this as attached
    there you go...
    Nothing lasts forever...

...If this is different to others then I suppose it might just be the way I have my program set in the registry... but somehow I doubt it
    Nothing lasts forever...

You're right, it works with one click. I don't know why it didn't before I uploaded the file...