Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info FINALLY - Clarification of content for 365 with regards to reinstall if no renewal

Hi All

Having contacted Xara Customer Services direct, here is finally there response.

I've copied in my original questions and their replies which helps to make it clearer.

I must admit though, it's not exactly what it says in their 365 Guarantee info. but hey, I have it in writing now so it's safe to purchase and I can always get back to them if it doesn't work as they have stated it will.

Interesting that Lewis from Xara Customer Services states that the backup CD only contains the programme and not the templates, I thought it was going to contain both? If it is just the programme, then there's no point to the CD as I would think that the majority of users have CD/DVD writers and can, and do, create backups themselves.

So, here's the mail trail.

(Question)
    Could you please confirm the contents of the Backup CD that can be purchased with Web Designer 365. I will be upgrading from version 10 and I am concerned that only the themes will be on the cd which will invariably leave the programme unusable should I fail to renew as from what I understand, if I fail to renew, the online gallery is not available and should I need to reinstall the programme, I will not have access to the navbars, widget and clipart etc. all the content currently in my design gallery in v10. Also, will I continue to have access to my purchased widgets and template packs? Thank you.
    (Answer)

Thanks for your e-mail.

The CD contains the full program version 12.0 - The program then downloads templates etc automatically once you have activated using your serial number.
    Alternatively you can download the program direct from the website. Both routes end up with the same features.

Purchased packs will unlock in the Design Gallery section of the software automatically in the same way as Version 10.

Thanks,
    Lewis
    (Question)
    Thank you Lewis
    Sorry, can I just confirm, will I still have access to the navbars, widgets and clip-art after the 365 renewal date if I have to reinstall it due to new hard drive etc? I can with v10 but I'm not sure if I'll be able to with 365 as if the navbars etc. are only available through the on-line gallery, I believe this will not be accessible if I don't renew? Hope you can clarify this for me please, many thanks.

(Answer)
    Yes, you'll have access to everything you have access to right now.
    The only thing you wouldn't have access to, if you re-installed after the expiry date, is any new updates we release in the upcoming 365 days.

Thanks,
    Lewis

Default Re: FINALLY - Clarification of content for 365 with regards to reinstall if no renewa

Lewis is wrong I'm afraid. The back-up CD *does* now include all the templates. Many of you are Designer Pro owners and as usual the DVD will be included in an upgrade and sent automatically. For Web Designer the CD can be added at your option, as usual, but if you don't choose to add it then what I'd recommend is that you make sure you have downloaded the content into your DG and included it in your routine back-ups.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Default Re: FINALLY - Clarification of content for 365 with regards to reinstall if no renewa

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    Lewis is wrong I'm afraid. The back-up CD *does* now include all the templates. Many of you are Designer Pro owners and as usual the DVD will be included in an upgrade and sent automatically. For Web Designer the CD can be added at your option, as usual, but if you don't choose to add it then what I'd recommend is that you make sure you have downloaded the content into your DG and included it in your routine back-ups.
    Hi Kate, if I order a back-up CD then, will it also include the Design Gallery content, all the themes, including the new business themes you've added, the Navbars, page elements & widgets, smartshapes and clipart etc. and my purchased widget packs, or are these installed when I enter my serial key? My main concern was, still is, is will I get the Design Gallery content, as previously mentioned, that I have now in v10 if I don't renew and have to reinstall for whatever reason, this is the only point left to clarify, for me at least. Many thanks.

David