Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not able to preview Xara WD 10 premium website before publishing.

Hello all,
    I have completed a small website (5 pages) and want to publish it. I have been able to preview any of the 5 pages in an individual basis. However, when I attempt to preview the whole 5 page website I get this message: "The web page cannot be found". Do I have to export the entire website first? What am I doing wrong or have not done? I did try to find comments that pertains to the problems I am having, but could not find any. Please keep comments simple so a non-tech can latch onto what you are instructing me to do. Thanks much.

Default Re: Not able to preview Xara WD 10 premium website before publishing.

Hi musicmanbob, are you clicking on preview web page instead of preview website (one below preview web page) ?

Ciao

Roly

This one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	112423  

Hello sir, I go to file > then to preview website. I also tried what you've provided as an attached thumbnail (whole website) and get the same error message. Could there be a problem within the Nav Bar? I will await your advice. Thank you.

Hi musicmanbob, perhaps you could attach a copy of your .web file, this would facilitate finding a solution for your issue.

Ciao

Roly

Thank you Ciao Roly. When I click on "Page Review" I see the page in Opera or Chrome. However it's only when I try to preview the entire website problems arise with error message "Webpage cannot be found". I am sure there is something I have not done.

bob

Hi Bob, as mentioned in post No 6 I think that if you attached a copy of your website file (.web) someone will be able to help you and find your problem.

Roly

Hello all and Roly, please tell me how to attach my website to this post so that you all can see it and help me? Also, I noticed that I have been working on the wrong website. I say that because I noticed 4 of the same websites right above the website window (working area). In the past I used WebPlus X7 and loved the ease of the program, but thought the example websites produced by Xara WD 10 looked superior. And since I purchased WD 10 Premium over a year ago, but never used it, I decided to see what it was all about. However, I was prepared to purchase WD 11. Someone here advised that I should start out with WD 10 and learn it before thinking about moving up. That smart individual also suggested that Version 12 should be out soon. With some of the problems I've been having, I am more than happy the suggestion to start out with WD 10 was great advice. So, here I am trying to learn an entirely new web program, but coming along very slowly. Finally, I also note that sometimes when I draw a Text Box, I don't see the Text. What causes that to happen? You would think I would get tying the web bar to the pages

Hi Bob

You need to attach the .WEB document file.

If you draw a text box and do not see the text it can be several things. You might have placed the text on the wrong layer (text should be on the MouseOff layer.

Or you might have inadvertently added an outline to the text the same color as the page.

Hi Bob, to attach a file do the following;
    click on reply at the bottom of a message
    click on go advanced box
    click on attachments ( look for paper clip icon)
    In file upload manager screen that pops up, click add files
    click on browse and find your file, then click open
    click on upload box
    click on done
    finally click on submit reply.

Hopefully I have not missed a step

Roly
    Last edited by roly; 19 April 2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: removed attachment put in by error