Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer Premium 365 issues

I have a couple of issues about the Web Designer Premium 365 program.

- The business themes are supposed to be included in the program, but the Plumber templates are still showing a buy on them.
    - Why do I have to sign into my account to use the Xara Slideshow widget. I don't have to do that with any of the other slideshow widgets.

Just a couple of questions about the program that don't seem to fit under the discussion about the big picture.

Default Re: Web Designer Premium 365 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    I have a couple of issues about the Web Designer Premium 365 program.

- The business themes are supposed to be included in the program, but the Plumber templates are still showing a buy on them.
    - Why do I have to sign into my account to use the Xara Slideshow widget. I don't have to do that with any of the other slideshow widgets.

Just a couple of questions about the program that don't seem to fit under the discussion about the big picture.
    Good call on the Plumber Theme.

Plumber 1, 2 3 & 4 all existed as Business Templates in XWD11P.

These ones are under Websites > Business Themes > Home Services and are blue (Buy) rather than white (Open / Import).
    They do not show in the Local Designs Gallery.

Buy takes you to http://www.xara.com/uk/products/busi...mes/plumber-2/ (or -1/, -3/, -4/).
    Samplers are at http://themes.xara.com/plumber1/, etc.

Xara: Can you advise this is an oversight. I have counted 165 available Business Templates. Perhaps there is a Business Template sampler elsewhere? This accounts for Kate Moir's "166 Business Templates". The additional 4 Plumbers are isolated as the only ones for purchase.

On the Xara Slideshow Widget, I have assumed that Xara consider its capabilities to be proprietary and therefore need to be ring-fenced.
    It is another thing that does not appear explicitly in the EULA (but it relies on access to Xara Online (https://widgets.xara-online.com/slider/) and I have assumed that if you let the 365 Day Update Guarantee lapse, you will lose access to it; I bought WOW Slider as I then have a downloaded desktop application that I can control.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

HI

1. This is an error on our part. We have already fixed this and are in the process of releasing the update. Id expect the changes to be live later today or early tomorrow.

2. The slider in question is provided through a hosted service unlike the other sliders which have all the relevant files included within the widget.

Thanks

HI Websites > Business Themes > Home Services > Plumber 1 - 4 themes are now accessible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    HI Websites > Business Themes > Home Services > Plumber 1 - 4 themes are now accessible.
    Thanks
    Bhavesh thanks indeed.

I can see the Plumber Websites are there on the Online Content Catalogue.
    How do you monitor changes within the application itself?
    There is no alerting so I chose Download All at the level of Home Services and the Plumber Websites appeared as (updated).

Will we have to do the same for application updates as I have had very limited success in getting automatic updates offered in all my past applications?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn and bb2 for the fix and the clarification. I think WD is the most user friendly program out there.

I'm back with a couple of more questions.
    I purchased Template Pack 2 and Web Pack 1 back in 2012. The sliders and clip art from the two packs are included in WDP V12, so that's okay, but the templates are not.
    Under Web Pack 2 it says the Aphrodite and Paradise themes would be included in WDP V12 but they are nowhere to be found.
    The other theme under Web Pack 2, Helios, is not included with WDP V12. Neither are the three themes in Template Pack 2 - Consumer, Genius and Global. They didn't carry over from my WDP V11.
    So how do I get these six themes in my design gallery?

Thanks

Sorry, I can't resist. Are these Reality issues?

OK I'll be quiet now.