Okay, here is one for the gurus here. I am having a strange display issue on "some" cell phones with a mobile variant while on other phones it doesn't happen? I am thinking this may just be something about differences between phone browsers but...?

I am working on a new site that has a 480 mobile variant. The site has Google Maps, Google Calendar, and a Blog Spot blog( Google ). All 3 add-ons are added to the site using basic <iframe> code. It is the same basic code for all 3 with the appropriate url for each being the main difference( calendar has a few extra variables to determine what features/options it displays ).

The maps works fine but the calendar and blog both cause the exact same odd display issue on my android cell( but not my friend's phone ). When the calendar and blog pages load on my cell it is the desired 480 variant version BUT it isn't shrunk down fully to the size of the screen in the vertical position. The page winds up being about 1/3 again as big/wide as the display area. In other words I see 2/3 +/- of the page( width )once it finishes loading and I then have to scroll the screen to the right to see the other 1/3 of the page( width ). If I flip the phone horizontally I see the full page with a little of the pasteboard area around it.

If I remove the calendar and blog from those pages and then check them on my cell the pages display/fit properly. As said ^^^ the maps( Google ), inserted the exact same way, do not cause this issue. It is only the Google Calendar and the Blog Spot blog( Google )that do this? I have altered the actual size of the calendar and blog on their respective main sites to make them smaller, I have tried various changes to the size code( i.e. using 100% and trying an actual number like 325pix ), and I have also tried making the placeholder smaller too. Nothing changes the odd display behavior. The actual calendar and blog sizes on the pages change but it doesn't stop the oversized page display? I can always link directly off site to the calendar and blog but the client wants them to stay on site and have those items display on site.

Has anyone ever run across this before and if so is there anything I can do about it? It isn't the end of the world( the visitor can just flip their phone horizontally if they experience the issue I did )but I would rather have all pages display the same vs 2 of them displaying different. I did a search of TG before asking and found a few threads where odd display cases were discussed and ultimately attributed to the differences in phone browsers used with no fix possible. Does it sound like we may have such a case here? I have a 4 year old LG android and my friend is using a 2+ year old Samsung android. I don't know what browser my phone uses but we looked at the test page on his in Google Chrome. I didn't think to try downloading a different browser to my cell before taking the test page down( should have I guess - definitely going to for future testing ).

I haven't added a sample of the .web document but can do a sample one up if needed. I don't have a link to go look at either right now as I took the test page down once I saw it worked properly on my friend's cell. Figured I would just ask and see if this rings any bells before attaching things.

As always thanks for your time and assistance.