Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "Automatic" page length....

I am new to Web Designer and have been working through all the tutorials and forum questions I can as I build new websites and rebuild others in this system. I moved to this system mostly for the ability to easily create mobile variants. Many thanks to those who take the time to answer all the questions.

In the available website templates, you can add content to a page and it will automatically lengthen the page to match that additional content. This is especially nice in the mobile variants since those pages are longer. However, when I build a page or website from scratch I have been unable to create this feature and have to drag the footer lower on the page to below the additional content.

I have set the 'Position on Page' to 'Footer' for those items I want in the footer and also have not locked the page length. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Paul

Default Re: "Automatic" page length....

Have you tried using a text column and make it push other content (right click / Position on page / Push...)?

Thanks for that idea, Siran. I tried that and it partial does what I want, but still covers some pieces. This may be due to how I have created the footer elements. I'll jump into a few of the templates and see if I can decontruct them to determine what I am missing.

Siran, you were correct. It is the Push command that makes it work. It appears both the footer and any (all?) objects need to be set to move the page length as they are added and removed. Thanks again for the direction.