Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Default Re: Just Released: A New Version of Web Designer

Not being funny, but have you got v12 installed on your PC? I'm waiting for DP so can't check
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

For those who are interested.

I used XaReg (thanks John) immediately on installing XWD365P to restore the Pen Tool to its rightful place on the Toolbar flyout.

XWD365P reports itself in XaReg (and Registry) as Xara webDesignerPremium x64 12; the x64 is on my 64-bit PC.

On the XaReg General tab, under Files, are two checkboxes for "Check .XAR file association" & "Check .WEB file association".
    If these are ticked, at any time, and the other version of your Xara applications are optionally unticked, then when you try to open either file type, then XWD365P will ask if you wish to elect these associations.

On my machine, as I have XDPX11 also, I have XARs open with this and WEBs in XWD365P.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks for that - think somewhere it has been mentioned that although the user 'sees' 365, the program executives will still continue with the iterations [at least for now].. guess to do otherwise might be a technical issue
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks for that - think somewhere it has been mentioned that although the user 'sees' 365, the program executives will still continue with the iterations [at least for now].. guess to do otherwise might be a technical issue
    I believe Xara will have to, showing the 365 concept is smoke and mirrors and marketing fluff.

I would like Xara to come back and say that's it for the EULA and the 365 Day Update Guarantee as it is imposed on them by Magix and there will be no change; despite our pleas.
    I believe that we have pointed out inconsistencies that Xara ought to be considering and clarifying.

At least, I live in hope,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ...showing the 365 concept is smoke and mirrors and marketing fluff....

....it is imposed on them by Magix and there will be no change; despite our pleas.....
    Acorn
    I am sure you are right on both these points [sadly]

...Xara ought to be considering and clarifying....

absolutely

..At least, I live in hope...

I stayed overnight there a few times back in the day when I dabbled [sometimes literally] in speleology, these days I just climb rocks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Valley,_Derbyshire
    Nothing lasts forever...

Not being funny, but have you got v12 installed on your PC? I'm waiting for DP so can't check
    Hi John, I'm aslo waiting for the DP release. I only have the 1 month trial on my machine at present.
    I've d/l'ed XaReg25 (I didn't know it had been released) and it works fine.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi John, I'm aslo waiting for the DP release. I only have the 1 month trial on my machine at present.
    I've d/l'ed XaReg25 (I didn't know it had been released) and it works fine.
    Egg, glad you've found it.
    It's been around (unchanged) since
    XaReg 2.5 (August 25, 2013)
    © Bill Taylor, Steve Ledger, John Horn
    Check zaphodeist's strap line,
    Acorn

The copy(s) that you have installed at the time of expiry will continue to run indefinitely, BUT if you re-install on a new machine after the Guarantee has expired then the new installation will fall back to the version you last purchased.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't 365 like leasing a nice new sports cars with a monster V8? The difference would be that after then lease is over your stuck with a 4 banger.
    Is the last version purchased the version that is installed or the version you first installed at the beginning? For example: you bought in at 12.0 and did not renew at version 12.9, when you reinstall is it 12.0 or 12.9?

Last version is the one at the last date of renewel. This was answered already by Kate (of Xara). And no, the analogy is wrong. You are purchasing the nice new sports car with a monster v8, and during the next 365 days you are given some additional options to try out. If you like them, renew, that is, pay for them, if not, you can keep them anyways, but just don't crash the car or you will lose them.

the sticking point being that if the car is crashed it is not always your fault, but tough - also if you choose to recalibrate your engine you loose these extras too - much closer analogy

it should be keep for ever or not keep at all after the end of the 365 days; anything else is discrimination
    Nothing lasts forever...