Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Copy Colors From One Part Of Picture To Another in XDPX9

Hello!

I've been tasked with recoloring the logo for the indie game company I work for.

My friend told me the following:

Would like fire/lava themed colors and textures

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rddegreegamesstudioslogo.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	112373

This is the logo that was already drawn and colored. As you can see, only the top of the logo (3rd) has the colors he wants. How do I use XDPX9 to copy those colors to the bluish-purpleish parts of the logo (Game and Studio)? It's a png file that I already imported into the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Copy Colors From One Part Of Picture To Another in XDPX9

The fill on top looks like molten lava. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Molten+lav...ax=1&ia=images

Create shapes using the Shape (Editor) Tool that cover the bottom letters. Then group all the shapes. Then apply an image of molten lava to these letter shapes.

Default Re: Copy Colors From One Part Of Picture To Another in XDPX9

There are loads of online help for you. I use Adobe Kuler as a colour generator but if you have a thing about not using Adobe stuff then they're others which you can use. One other way that I generate colour schemes is off the art board draw 2 small rectangles bring in your bitmap and sample the extreme colours into the rectangles. Then with both rectangles selected do a blend. To be honest that method works better for tones, let's say skin tones, then you do a Ctrl+Shift+S, then ungroup Ctrl+U and whittle out the tones that you don't want. With the box that are left I would make them "Named Colours". Here is a starting point for you Lava colours in this bitmap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Floor Is Lava Color Palette - color-hex.com.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	112374  
    Design is thinking made visual.