Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Nivo Popup

Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Default Nivo Popup

Hi all,

Using Designer Pro 11.2.5.42127 DL x64 Dec 9 2015

Attempting something that just might be verboten.

Created a popup layer and placed it as the tip layer followed by MouseOver, MouseOff, Page background & Pasteboard background. Then I've placed a Nivo slider with 4 pic's into the popup layer.

On the MouseOff layer I've placed words... a couple of which I've highlighted and Ctrl +G'ed (group objects). Or I think I have. R-clicked and setup web animation.

When I preview it from the Nivo setup window (popup layer)... the primary layer jumps up and looks correct. Mouse over my words to trigger the popup. Up jumps the slider... BUT... only the slider "placeholder" shows along with any text placed within the Nivo "words" area. No photos! The radio buttons are present. I can visualize the changing of the slides via the spinning thingy and the active radio button moves.

I hope I've explained that correctly...

Any ideas?

As always... thank you very much.

RDuane

Default Re: Nivo Popup

Hi,

Don't know why you're having this issue. See attached. The blue rectangle behind the nivo slider is just to enlarge the mouse over area not closing the slider. it can be filled white and set to 99% transparent.

NOTE: There is a difference between how the popup window closes, depending on whether you use an 'on click' action as opposed to a 'mouse over' action.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg - I would use the normal link to pop-up layer instead of the Web Animation Mouse Over link. But if for some reason you want the pop-up layer with the slider to close as soon as the mouse moves off the area then check the Clope Pop-up Automatically option in Layer Options > Pop-up Settings.

Right now by the time I get to the (X) to close the window it has already closed.

I appreciate that Gary. That was the point I was making. If you use a mouse-over action, the window closes as soon as you mouse off the nivo slider regardless of if close pop-up automatically is checked or not. I'm saying the only way to keep it open is to use an on-click action.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Egg,

I apologize as I've been away from my XDP11 "enabled" computer for a week. Of course in that time I've reviewed your's and Mr. Priester's comments. Thank you both. I immediately understood your example and when I returned to where I could try something... I did. Unfortunately, the results were the same as originally explained. Everything showed up but the photos. Nivo functioned as the buttons cycled... and at the correct timing.

So, I copied the page into a new single page web so I could send it along with a reply. Of course, I had to ensure it still functioned in a manner that was disconcerting... It did not. It functioned as advertised. Certainly as you suggested it shuld.

So I pasted it back into the original website as filename-a. Deleted original and renamed -a to original name.

Now everything works properly. All sorted but have no clue why.

Anyway, thanks to you both for your assistance.

RDuane

My pleasure to have helped.
    Egg