Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Mobile Variant need all Desktop Pages

Probably a stupid question......
    making my first mobile variant of a 73 page website.
    To get the message across does the mobile variant require all 73 pages to be re-arranged for the mobile variant or can some pages be omitted?

If they can be omitted how do i do that.

I am sure someone will ask why have a page i dont think is relevant to the mobile variant website and why not just delete the page, Answer: 73 pages is a bit of a pain to re-arrange for mobile variant, especially as i will more than likely make a tablet version too. It seems a very long tedious process to make this site mobile friendly. Some pages are of less value than others and i could omit them from the mobile variant (if possible) without a mobile user having too much of a problem.

Thanks in advance for any info.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Default Re: Does Mobile Variant need all Desktop Pages

Leave all pages intact, however on the mobile variant's navbar have only links to the pages you want a mobile visitor to view.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Leave all pages intact, however on the mobile variant's navbar have only links to the pages you want a mobile visitor to view.
    Are only the pages in the menu uploaded?
    And does it not matter that the pages that are not linked to in the menu (which i will now choose not to re-arrange (thanks Egg, this will certainly save time)) will have items outside of the page limits?

It just seems strange to leave the pages in that state (very glad its the case though, as long as doing so will not adversely affect the sites rankings)

Are only the pages in the menu uploaded?
    No, all the pages are uploaded. There isn't seperate pages for Desktops & Mobiles. So for example you only have one index.htm for example. It just serves up different content depending on the viewing device.

And does it not matter that the pages that are not linked to in the menu (which i will now choose not to re-arrange, will have items outside of the page limits?
    Probably best to select these pages within the variant version, Ctrl+A, Stop sharing across variants, then delete their content for that variant.

It just seems strange to leave the pages in that state (very glad its the case though, as long as doing so will not adversely affect the sites rankings)
    Google may baulk at mobile content that is on a page that doesn't fit the viewport, thus the reason for answer two.

At least this is what I think
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That makes total sense, thanks Egg, Brilliant

Thanks Ronald. You may like to add to some mobile pages with no content:

"For desktop variant only", just to remind yourself
    Egg