Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Online Designer

I just purchased XDP 11 and haven't even really delved into all the new and improved goodies! I loved Gary Priester's "First Look" site!!

But, mostly, I was intrigued by the Beta Xara Online Designer because there have been times I have needed its ability to update the text on a site immediately but have had to wait until I could get to my desktop or connect my laptop. Here's a prime example of that: One of my clients is a municipality which shares some laws with the larger town. Because of the mild winter, the town decided to end the Winter Parking Ban one month early. Of course, the information was on the town's web site but not on the municipality's. All four phone lines at Municipal Hall lit up within mere moments of the announcement. Long story short, I could have used XOD very badly in that case. As it was, I had to rush home to my desktop to add the info. In the meantime, the Clerk's Office was getting slammed with phone calls.

I called myself looking for a download page for this app but I must have either misunderstood how it works or I was officially blind in one eye and unable to see out of the other. Where do I find this app? Is it a browser extension or what?!?

Thanks!!

Default Re: Xara Online Designer

Read down through this page to find all the info you need: http://content.ixara.com/intro/

There is nothing to download, which makes it great for portability. Not sure how long it will be in beta, though--but sounds like it'll be very useful when finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Read down through this page to find all the info you need: http://content.ixara.com/intro/

There is nothing to download, which makes it great for portability. Not sure how long it will be in beta, though--but sounds like it'll be very useful when finished.
    Thanks! Got it!

After checking XOD on my Android phone, I give it two thumbs up! I love the ability to allow others access to edit text and/or image files without giving them access to design elements. That's just too cool!

And, after the experience I described in my OP, having the ability to edit text from virtually anywhere is absolutely priceless!

Fantastic job, Design Team!

Yes it's great but be aware you need to set text blocks and objects to 'push' when creating your web/xar file, otherwise if you extend the text field using Xara Online it doesn't expand to the new text field size and similarly if the text field is reduced in content.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host