Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cafe Website

Default Re: Cafe Website

GStas the site is created in adobe muse from scratch. We never use templates, even for our wordpress sites we do not use templates.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    GStas the site is created in adobe muse from scratch. We never use templates, even for our wordpress sites we do not use templates.
    thanks!

According to me, can to improve the website's speed as its a bit slow and to reduce the photos, because don't show up. Overall, very good design on the [link removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 05 February 2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: New members can not add commercial links

Quote Originally Posted by garryboss View Post
    According to me, can to improve the website's speed as its a bit slow and to reduce the photos, because don't show up. Overall, very good design on the website.
    Welcome to TalkGraphics.
    I quite like your business site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just to let everyone know. The website is no longer online, someone at the clients end has it redirected it to a site created by someone else. so you are not viewing our website.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Hi Guys. Been playing around with the responsive features of adobe muse and this is one of the site's we've completed this week. It is a refresh of the website we did just over two years ago and is completely different to that in terms of style. Again it's nice, clean and simple, the client specifically asked for a 'crisp' site so hopefully it works, the client certainly likes the finished result. We also decided to add a video the client wanted on the site in the 'hero' area of the homepage. The video will display on desktops etc but for obvious reasons we kept it off for mobiles, because let's face it no body wants to drain their data allowance, so a static image is shown instead. The site is fully responsive so please enjoy.

http://www.carlislecafe.co.uk/index.html

It seems to me that using the font "Source Code Pro" on such sites is not appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by safiian View Post
    It seems to me that using the font "Source Code Pro" on such sites is not appropriate.
    Would you care to elaborate? As the font is open source it is its aesthetic?. Why, while you are there, can you explain what you mean by "such sites"?

I am interested as well in your experience with "Xara +".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Would you care to elaborate? As the font is open source it is its aesthetic?. Why, while you are there, can you explain what you mean by "such sites"?

I am interested as well in your experience with "Xara +".

Acorn

I meant all sites that are not related to programming and Internet technologies.

This is a cafe site, you need a readable beautiful font without italics.

I will not answer you this question, it will already be a flood, if you want to will know about my work experience, write in a personal.

Quote Originally Posted by safiian View Post
    I meant all sites that are not related to programming and Internet technologies.
    This is a cafe site, you need a readable beautiful font without italics.
    I will not answer you this question, it will already be a flood, if you want to will know about my work experience, write in a personal.
    Thank you.

I was confused why you chose to comment on a site that is no longer the original one created by Cloud.
    Cloud creates beautiful sites and you seem to have jumped in, quoting Could's original Post, as if the current situation was his issue.
    Also the current site does not show any italics (http://www.carlislecafe.co.uk/).

I did not ask about your work experience. You state you have "Xara +". There is no such product and I hope you were using Xara Cloud+ or Xara Pro+ as I wanted your opinion of them.

TG is about helping and advising members and rarely criticising. If criticising, we tend to be constructive and not just say this is good or this is bad, without explaining.

I asked genuine open questions, hoping to understand and learn from your knowledge.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You state you have "Xara +".
    I don't see this - have I missed it, is it on another thread ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...