Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Full width panel

Hi,

I have had Xara 10 Premium since just before my heart attack in February 2015, but just now getting started learning it. I've been using Serif's WPX8 so please be patient with me and my nomenclature.

I want to create a color block that does not take up the entire page, but does take up the entire width regardless of the page's width in the browser. I don't want a 960 pixel bar that goes from right to left on the "page", I want it to be 960 pixels wide if the browser is 960 and 9600 pixels wide if someone decides to zoom out that far. I want it to go from the left side of the monitor to the right.

Nothing in the help files (unless I'm asking the wrong question) or on the forums that I could find.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Full width panel

Hello Dijenga and Welcome to TalkGraphics

Designer Pro X11 and Web Designer 11 Premium have added a new Fixed option which is the easiest way to do what you are asking. To do this in earlier versions is more difficult and I will defer to any of the members who have a script to do this.

Here's a link to a First Look review of Web Designer 11 Premium so you can see the new features that were added http://xaraxone.magix.net/WD11/

Quote Originally Posted by Dijenga View Post
    Hi,

I have had Xara 10 Premium since just before my heart attack in February 2015, but just now getting started learning it. I've been using Serif's WPX8 so please be patient with me and my nomenclature.

I want to create a color block that does not take up the entire page, but does take up the entire width regardless of the page's width in the browser. I don't want a 960 pixel bar that goes from right to left on the "page", I want it to be 960 pixels wide if the browser is 960 and 9600 pixels wide if someone decides to zoom out that far. I want it to go from the left side of the monitor to the right.

Nothing in the help files (unless I'm asking the wrong question) or on the forums that I could find.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hello Dijenga,
    You talk in your post about the color block that stretches and shrinks to match the page width but you don't mention whether the color block is fixed at the top, middle or bottom of the webpage. It would be helpful for you to let us know whether you want to do this in Xara 10 or have you decided to upgrade to XDP 11. If you could post a .xar example of what you need then I will galdly have a look at this for you.
    Pete

Managed to find time to address the full width panel - please see the following thread:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...nner-in-XDP-10