Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Creating Trading Game Cards Using XDPX9

Hello!

I'm part of a game design team that is in the very early stages of creating our first CCG/TCG. I have a card template that I found online, and I'm wondering what is the easiest way to color in what I have. I know someone told me you have to trace everything you want to color in, but is there an easier way to color? I used to have a working copy of Photoshop (which would've worked really well), but I lost the program after my computer crashed and my license key won't work anymore. Adobe has never gotten back to me about it, so I'm falling back on Xara. Help would be awesome and appreciated. Thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccg_template.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	112302
    ccg_template.xar
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Creating Trading Game Cards Using XDPX9

Redraw it in your Xara application so it is vector...

Vector Trace courtesy of Vector Magic http://vectormagic.com/home. You will need to Break Shapes and then Join the individual shapes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorMoonX View Post
    I have a card template that I found online, and I'm wondering what is the easiest way to color in what I have.
    The first thing you must do is contact http://www.playroomentertainment.com/Contact.html as you are copying their copyrighted image. Your venture will not get off successfully if you are sued for breach of copyright. Removing their copyright notice from your xar file was also not a good start.

Sorry for being harsh but you cannot afford (£$€) to get it wrong,
    Acorn

P.S. To practise with your Xara application, the creation of rounded-corner boxes and the other shapes is 15 minutes of simple effort to produce a wholly vector design. Once you realise how easy it is to create a design, your own ideas and design will emerge.
    The following is not for any other use than to show off:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccg demo.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	112305

Basically, once you have a vector design as your template, the creation of your cards is so slick, you'll be producing them by the dozen.

And to protect your design, look into the use of guilloche patterns using Xara's excellent brush tools.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi, I've produced a tutorial which explains how to achieve a trace of a line sketch with the best results using Xara. See chapter 8 (tutorials) of the course. Also attached an example of the result you can achieve, which is comparable to the excellent vector magic (but $300 cheaper if you already have Xara). Hopefully that helps.

Trace example.xar

I would always use a vector package to do this type of work and Xara is a great programme which meets this criteria. However if your happy using PS and have a Adobe account to can always use and download PS CS2 for free just do a search for the programme. You must have a verified user Name (email address) and password to get access to a serial number and when splash screen opens when running PS just click don't register. Adobe released CS2 version of all their programmes as they don't support them now when it come to the newer versions of O.S.
    Design is thinking made visual.