Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Selecting single image from many

When working with clip art that has many image symbols per page, I import to Xara Photo & Graphic V11 as a jpeg. On that 1 page, how do I choose a single image, discard the rest, and drag & drop to another sheet in same Xara file open? I tried erasing other images, but was left with the image I wanted, but a single large sheet perimeter(active area).

Default Re: Selecting single image from many

Draw around it with a path. Rectangle, circle or draw the path. With the path over the part you want to display, put it to the back. Select both the image and path. Press ctrl + q to apply the clip view. It's fine and nnon-destructive at this point (clip can be removed). But you can then also make a bitmap copy and it will only be that portion of the image. Then delete the clipped copy.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can use the method Mike describes above but don't discard the clipped copy if you are making a bitmap copy. You can right click the clipped copy and select the clipped objects to move them around inside the clipping object or select the clipping object to edit it. you can re use the same clip view to make bit map copies of each image on your page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Forgive me. Step 1: I place a circle over symbol. Step 2: I select Place in Back. Step 3: I choose Select All (remember I have other unwanted images on page). Step 4: I press Ctrl and q. Result, nothing. Please assist.

I would skip the select all. Once you send the path to the back, just shift - click on the bitmap. That then has both objects selected. The press just the Q key. Sorry for the misinformation above that I hastily wrote about the ctrl key being involved.

Mike