Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Custom Control Bar dissapear ALL THE TIME!

Hi
    I have not been able to use Xara Designer PRO X11 properly yet. I use my own custom Control Bar, but it disappears ALL the time and no one knows to where? It can't be saved and for some reason not found and restored! It happens whenever Xara hang or crash. Opening Xara again - the custom control bar is gone???

Earlier someone told me to run Xara in administrator mode. That didn't help. I am all out of ideas?

Am I the only one ever with this issue - please help

Default Re: Custom Control Bar dissapear ALL THE TIME!

If you name the bar when you create it, the bar will appear in the list of Control Bars (Window > Control Bars). If the bar is not checked, check the box next to your control bar.

Also, set up a blank page the way you want it, I dock my custom control bar on the Infobar at the top of the screen, then save the page as a Template (File > Save Template) Name the template and check Use as Default Template. Now when you create a new page, your custom bar should be there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control bars.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	112292  

It disappears anyway. There is no matter if it has a name or not. After Xara crash, settings are switching back to default and all custom bars disappears - also from control bars list. It is really cool feature to customize tools icons and bars but it is also annoying when I have to put my export icons into left toolbar almost every day:/

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    It disappears anyway. There is no matter if it has a name or not. After Xara crash, settings are switching back to default and all custom bars disappears - also from control bars list. It is really cool feature to customize tools icons and bars but it is also annoying when I have to put my export icons into left toolbar almost every day:/
    Rafal, XDPX11 should not be crashing on you every day. Contact Xara.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The program saves your settings into the registry when it closes, so it's important to close it normally and it's important that it is allowed to write to the registry. If it crashes it will not save the settings.

As Acorn says, if the program is regularly crashing then please report it to support.xara.com.

However, you can ensure that your settings are saved by doing this: Run the program as Administrator, set things up how you wan them, without doing any serious document editing and then close the program. The next time you start the program you should find all your settings are restored. If not then you may need to check the privileges of your Windows user accounts.

By the way: Custom control bars are not saved in template XAR files, they are saved into the registry.

Phil

(Can someone move this thread to a more appropriate forum? Thanks.)

Xara 11 DOES crash on my Win7 machine and all custom settings vanish. Then I thought I found the solution. I customized the default Toolbar. Now it has crashed again - and the damn Toolbar is reset to default. I am SO annoyed - and Xara support hasn't come with any solution.I have asked several times. I use Xara a lot, but are SO sad I spend money on this version