Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Make Object on !FixedTab full width?

Is it possible to have a rectangle on a !FixedTab layer (which will remain ontop when the page is scrolled) be the full width of the page?

The full width option only seems to be available on background / pasteboard layers.

Is there another tweak to make the rectangle full with on the !FixedTab layer? or a workaround?

Id like the menu bar to remain ontop of the page when it's scrolled (and a full width coloured rectangle)

Thank You!

Steve's !FixedTab tweak is here (http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...679#post470679)

Default Re: Make Object on !FixedTab full width?

Hi Megg

That is what the fixed layer is for. What you cannot have on a fixed layer however is a mouseover effect. In WD11 Premium you can designate a nav bar with mouse over buttons to be fixed. So this is an improvement over the !fixed layer approach.

Hi Gary,
    Mouseover I wasn't planning to use. Is it not possible in WD10 premium to have a full width rectangle remain ontop when the page is scrolled?

Quote Originally Posted by Megg81 View Post
    Hi Gary,
    Mouseover I wasn't planning to use. Is it not possible in WD10 premium to have a full width rectangle remain ontop when the page is scrolled?
    Have you had a look at Sticky Objects to see if they will satisfy your requirements?

Sticky objects only seem to be available in WD11 Premium, Im using WD 10 premium

Maybe Acorn or Egg will have a solution for this.

You can Make your rectangle on top on the Fixed layer as wide as you want and make the page as wide as the rectangle. Your content in the center will be the same width as on a normal page. If the page and background are the same color it will not show the page.

But when I tried this, the content is shifted to the right. This is where I get stuck.

There is always the alternative of upgrading or using a javascript floating layer - plenty of codes on the web that can be put into placeholders.

The link you posted previously is using CSS to fix the position at the top of the page - I'm happy to have a go at replicating this for you if you wish.
    Pete
    Last edited by penmore; 27 March 2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: additional note

I have managed to find the time to look at the full width issue - please have a look at the following thread:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...nner-in-XDP-10