Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't get thumbnails to load

I'm having trouble with the various Gallery folders. When I open a folder I get this message: "Unable to download thumbnails. Please ensure that you are connected to the internet." And, I am connected to the internet. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to use this forum.

Default Re: Can't get thumbnails to load

This might work.

Go to Help and click Check for Updates.

After Xara goes through checking (and of course it needs to do this through your internet connection) then try to load the thumbnails again.

Thanks Gary, I tried what you suggested and got this alert: "Failed to contact update server or failed to read update information." and then it did connect to the update server and it said "This program is up to date" Then I went back to the Designs Gallery and got the original message... "Unable to download thumbnails etc."

OK. I sent a heads up to Xara to see if they know what to suggest but it is New Year's week and I suspect they will all be on holiday.

Thanks Gary, no rush. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

No, I have seen this before. I tried doing a search for that error code but did not come up with anything though.

Have the Engineers had an opportunity to check on this issue yet?

I started a ticket with support and they suggested that I re-boot my computer and that did the trick. My galleries now load as they should. Thank you support!!!

Quote Originally Posted by okrobie View Post
    I started a ticket with support and they suggested that I re-boot my computer and that did the trick. My galleries now load as they should. Thank you support!!!
    I'm impressed that your machine has not forced a refresh in over a week; I wish mine was like that.
    Acorn

Do you never turn your machine off? Many times when I have some sort of a problem a simple re-boot fixes it. So in the feature try that and see if it helps.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.