Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Email Forms

Red face Email Forms

After much frustration i have finally published website . Prior to publishing and testing email form( jot form ) it worked great . Now that the site is published the emails dont come through . Does any one know how to insert your own form and script ? Would really not like to go through a third party for emails.

Has any one tried the form by xara : http://xaratemplates.com/own-contact-form-using-php/.

Can any one give dummies instructions please on once downloaded on how to open and insert . Thanks

Default Re: Email Forms

Nb also with jot form , does anyone know if you embed full source code if this enables emails to come to your direct rather than being hosted on jot forms server and if the amount of submissions still apply. Hoping this may also solve the problem of emails not coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bindi View Post
    After much frustration i have finally published website . Prior to publishing and testing email form( jot form ) it worked great . Now that the site is published the emails dont come through . Does any one know how to insert your own form and script ? Would really not like to go through a third party for emails.

Has any one tried the form by xara : http://xaratemplates.com/own-contact-form-using-php/.

Can any one give dummies instructions please on once downloaded on how to open and insert . Thanks
    Hi Bindi,
    More than happy to help you with this - I'll setup a dummy webpage with the form on it and some instructions on how to implement.
    Cheers,
    Pete

Thanks Pete , can you send me the link...thanks for your help ....I did like the jot form ones but have been struggling to keep them working on website so this form is my next best alternative ��

Hi Bindi,
    I've had a look at the php form that you supplied the link for and its offering 3 variant web pages from which you can extract the code from. I think its a little overcomplicated for what you need and is more likely to confuse you even more. If its acceptible to you, I'm happy to create a form for you and put it into a WD webpage along with the necessary instructions for you to use it on your website.

I will go ahead with my suggestion but if you want instructions on how to get the php version then please let me know.
    Pete

Thanks Pete , would be more than happy to look at your form I've been reading and reading on how to put in my own form so emails come through direct rather than a third party. Will it work on the mobile page ? Looking forward to seeing your form...do you create yourself ? Thanks for your help
    NB if it's ok would you also be able to add a phone number field for me....greatly appreciated ��
    Last edited by Bindi; 25 March 2016 at 09:56 AM.

Hi Bindi I had a few problems when switching to Jotform. I found that the code they supplied didn't work in the placeholder I wanted it in when I placed it in the body text section of the placeholder but did if it was put in the head and body of the placeholder(??). Setting up the response email is pretty straightforward and not a problem as jotform host each form on their servers which gives you access to lots of analytical info and storage of forms and responses. Keep an eye on passing the set maximum submissions (and views) allowed especially in the free version

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Bindi View Post
    Thanks Pete , would be more than happy to look at your form I've been reading and reading on how to put in my own form so emails come through direct rather than a third party. Will it work on the mobile page ? Looking forward to seeing your form...do you create yourself ? Thanks for your help
    NB if it's ok would you also be able to add a phone number field for me....greatly appreciated ��
    I've done an adaptation of the php form that you provided the link for. I haven't added the telephone number field and for sure, the format/size may not be what you need. I can post the .xar file here if you want to try it yourself (you'll just need to change the email address to your own).
    You can see a test copy of it on one of my websites: http://www.anonz.co.uk/msgform/
    You can send a test message to me and I will then change the email address.

There is no validation on this form.

if you embed full source code if this enables emails to come to you direct

Bindi, the forms are more than just what you see on the web page. There's also code sitting on the remote server to process the content of your form so it can be put into an email. It can never go from page to email directly.

Thank you all for helping here . I found simpatic forms http://www.simfatic.com/ solved my issue and worked a treat .no third part hosing and easy to install ( if I can do it anyone else can ) well worth the investment