Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Removing/Change Photo Backgrounds Colors

Hello all, I am still working with and learning WD 10 Premium and finding it more than interesting. I am working on a website now and have imported several photos. Some have different color backgrounds that don't match the background of the webpage. I have read the help listings and gone to "YouTube" for additional info. I still can't find a way to elimenate photo background color or match the background color on the photos to the webpage. Is that possible. Hope I am being clear here. Thanks for all comments and suggestions.

Bob
    Last edited by musicmanbob; 23 March 2016 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Wanted to add to the heading statement

Default Re: Removing/Change Photo Backgrounds Colors

The only way to do this in WD 10 is to use the drawing tools to create a closed mask/shape over the images you wish to preserve.

Then select the mask shape and the image and Arrange > Combine Shapes > Intersect Shapes.

In Designer Pro X11, you can use the Select Colors to Enhance Tool (Photo Tool flyout menu) to specify a color then make it transparent. If this is something you need to do often then it might be worth looking at a trial copy of Designer Pro X11.

Default Re: Removing/Change Photo Backgrounds Colors

I know PS can select the wanted part, with its wand, and I usually add my own background image with the help of image watermark application, which is fast and stable.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 25 March 2016 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Commercial link removed by moderator