Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kingsdown Removals Revmap

Hullo Everyone,

http://www.kingsdownremovals.co.uk/index.htm

I created a small business website for a former work colleague as favour as he had no money as was just starting up. It was a bit quick and messy but he actually told me it helped him getting work and he was pleased with. It wasn't for free and he insisted paying, just not thousands.

Recently he was going to move on from me [fair enough I told he should eventually] but when he found he could not afford the prices proper website companies charged. So he asked me to take a run at it. I did.

I do know this site is not finished and there are more items etc to add to it and it needs a bit more work on SEO and other things but he contacted me recently saying he was very please with the look but the 'Call Us Today' in the top left hand corner was jumbled with the phone number. I cannot replicate this on any browser but I did change the way it was laid out.

Can anyone find an layout issues in their browser?

Many thanks
    David

Default Re: Kingsdown Removals Revmap

Hi David I don't see any jumbled unless the client means two different phone numbers between the desktop and mobile versions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingsdown.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	112252  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg,

No that part was an error by me, he used to have his mobile number up there but some clients don't like calling his mobile so we changed it to his landline. Unfortunately someone didn't fully change it.

The original error was the call part and the phone number were two separate font 'blocks' and they appeared to overlap on some browsers, or something like that. Once I made them the same line the error was gone.

Cheers
    David

Hi David, Just to mention an image on the home page under 'What we offer' is not displaying on one of the larger website variants.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks all,

That picture thing is a real pain with iPage, the picture is the index file on their server, the picture path is correct on the website - the picture doesn't turn up. Not the first time this has happened with iPage. I have to be very careful if I give them new filenames [filename="Waynes-Van-1" for example] sometimes they just vanish despite everything tying in!

Luckily the 404 page isn't something that should turn up every five minutes but thanks Egg, trying to get the 404s to redirect to that following their instructions was another long frustrating story too.

Ho hum.

Hi David, I noticed that the OUR ADVICE box under WE CAN HELP on the home page goes nowhere when clicked, I presume it should go to the Advice page that is on the navbar.

Ciao

Roly

David, you really did help your friend out.

I'd suggest going through the site and checking the copy over. There's quite a few typo's in there and forms of spoken English that wouldn't be used when written - "got" for example.

The contact form is small on the desktop and tiny on mobile.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    David, you really did help your friend out.

I'd suggest going through the site and checking the copy over. There's quite a few typo's in there and forms of spoken English that wouldn't be used when written - "got" for example.

The contact form is small on the desktop and tiny on mobile.

Paul
    Thanks Paul,

Yes I'll be honest it was completed in a hurry and a lot of the copy is 'his' but some of it is my usual typos [I am King of Typos] along with missing links etc. but I will sit down and go through it page by page, line by line probably over the weekend. Unfortunately it was sort of dumped on my lap about five days ago when I thought I was free of it and then the ice-hockey play-offs have arrived and I have to do loads of rinkside and match-day graphics for those.

By hey-ho I'll get there in the end and eventually if sees how bad my work his he'll go off and use a proper company, so I'm doing everyone a favour

Thanks everyone.

FWIW here is some feedback from me...

Problems Encountered:
    1 - On my computer( desktop PC )the contact form shows( big blue square with white entry areas )for a brief moment when the contact page 1st loads then it vanishes and the area is blank after that. It never comes back and hitting refresh results in the same problem. That happens in both IE11 and Firefox( both updated to latest editions w/ all patches, fixes, etc... ). However, in Goggle Chrome and Opera( both latest editions, updated, etc... )it does not do this( Opera is a GC clone so it doesn't surprise me ). Just in IE11 and Firefox.

Not sure what is behind it but wanted to let you know it happens to me. Might be something on my machine as far as settings go but I looked at your source code and see that the form is a Jotform which is what I use and I have never had that happen, ever, with one of their forms so?

NOTE - I only viewed your site on my PC. I did not look at it on my cell phone so I don't know if the issues is there for me too?

2 - On every page except the home page, when you scroll down into the neon green bar at the bottom, the phone numbers actually link to non existent pages. I am not sure why phone numbers would have links(?) but they do and it is to no where.

Overall I like the site. For my personal taste that neon green at the bottom is not very pleasing however. I would use a gray( like the one used up top )or some other less "bright" color. Just a personal opinion on that and it is nothing other than an opinion.

Nice job and hope this helps.