Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kingsdown Removals Revmap

I am not sure why phone numbers would have links(?) but they do and it is to no where.

The links (where they are present) are missing the "tel:" part of the link. They should be tel:0181234567 etc.

The links are there so that clicking on them on a mobile phone causes the phone call to be initiated.

Default Re: Kingsdown Removals Revamp

Thanks everyone,

Daft thing is I asked 'Wayne' to check the site and get straight back to me if he spotted any errors or mistakes he didn't like, he got back and said 'yeah it's great'....I know if I posted it on here I'd get a lot more help and it thoroughly scrutinised.

I've reverted to the old 'tiny' contact form until I can sort something else out or find a better provider. I'm not prepared to subscribe to a better or full service when it is only ever going to be for one site and I don't even know how much work he actually gets from the form. I think people phone him up more than anything.

I mainly just do websites for myself now to show off paintings and graphic work so if I make any errors there it is no big deal as I'm not looking to sell or anything but this is much more important and after years of creating a few sites here and there I'm really hacked off that I'm making errors that I never used to at all. My copy and linking used to be really good - more speed less haste I suppose, oh and I guess this proves I'm getting older.

The most depressing thing is I used create a lot of reports and regulation forms for my work - and now look at me

No need to worry though, I don't do websites for anyone else, this is the only one, and hopefully he'll drop me when he starts to make some spare cash [which was his original plan].

Once again many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I am not sure why phone numbers would have links(?) but they do and it is to no where.

The links (where they are present) are missing the "tel:" part of the link. They should be tel:0181234567 etc.

The links are there so that clicking on them on a mobile phone causes the phone call to be initiated.
    On a mobile variant of the site that makes sense certainly. However, I am not referring to a mobile variant and did mention I did not view the site on a cell. I am referring to the main site on a PC. No need for any links with phone numbers on a PC is there?

No need for any links with phone numbers on a PC is there?

They will do no harm.

If you have a Mac and an iPhone, they will actually work...

Quote Originally Posted by David Strover View Post
    Thanks everyone,

Daft thing is I asked 'Wayne' to check the site and get straight back to me if he spotted any errors or mistakes he didn't like, he got back and said 'yeah it's great'....I know if I posted it on here I'd get a lot more help and it thoroughly scrutinised.

I've reverted to the old 'tiny' contact form until I can sort something else out or find a better provider. I'm not prepared to subscribe to a better or full service when it is only ever going to be for one site and I don't even know how much work he actually gets from the form. I think people phone him up more than anything.

I mainly just do websites for myself now to show off paintings and graphic work so if I make any errors there it is no big deal as I'm not looking to sell or anything but this is much more important and after years of creating a few sites here and there I'm really hacked off that I'm making errors that I never used to at all. My copy and linking used to be really good - more speed less haste I suppose, oh and I guess this proves I'm getting older.

The most depressing thing is I used create a lot of reports and regulation forms for my work - and now look at me

No need to worry though, I don't do websites for anyone else, this is the only one, and hopefully he'll drop me when he starts to make some spare cash [which was his original plan].

Once again many thanks.
    No need to get upset. Everyone makes mistakes( even the really talented and knowledgeable people on here do and don't think for a second they don't ). No one is perfect. I am probably closer to you in that I do this as a side thing. I do get paid for it but I am no "pro".

The contact form is now working for me in all 4 browsers. Just out of curiosity, how were you adding it to the website? Can you post your full code here for me to see or PM it to me( copy all code you entered into the placeholder/html body area )? I use Jotform exclusively for all my forms. In the past I always added it using my own <iframe> code but since they( Jotform )added the option I now use Jotform's Publish>Embed>Xara code. I have never come across that strange display behavior before? I would like to try and figure out what happened if I can so it doesn't happen on one of my sites.

Anyway, I like your site and I think you did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    No need for any links with phone numbers on a PC is there?

They will do no harm.

If you have a Mac and an iPhone, they will actually work...
    The mobile variant part is new to me. I tend to think of them as 2 different sites when I do them now. I was on the PC viewing the main one so to my way of thinking there was no need for links w/ phone numbers.

Thanks.

The Apple thing is quite unusual. My Mac is paired to my iPhone.

If someone phones my iPhone, it rings on my Mac and I can answer the call on my Mac, just using the onboard microphone and speakers without needing to touch the phone. Similarly I can send and receive text messages via my Mac too. It's brilliant.

It's possible that PC's and Windows Phones can do the same. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by gsthunder View Post
    No need to get upset. Everyone makes mistakes( even the really talented and knowledgeable people on here do and don't think for a second they don't ). No one is perfect. I am probably closer to you in that I do this as a side thing. I do get paid for it but I am no "pro".

The contact form is now working for me in all 4 browsers. Just out of curiosity, how were you adding it to the website? Can you post your full code here for me to see or PM it to me( copy all code you entered into the placeholder/html body area )? I use Jotform exclusively for all my forms. In the past I always added it using my own <iframe> code but since they( Jotform )added the option I now use Jotform's Publish>Embed>Xara code. I have never come across that strange display behavior before? I would like to try and figure out what happened if I can so it doesn't happen on one of my sites.
    a
    Anyway, I like your site and I think you did a good job.
    Not so much upset more of a heavy sigh.

I've changed the contact form for a Form2pay version which is behaving itself. The same form is on the main and tablet version of the site and I have removed it from the mobile and added three huge touch buttons which will probably suit the generation that don't use PCs or laptops at all [there's a lot of them]. The contact forms now seem to format on all my browsers and with the original form I could replicate the original fault that you found. In fact I used every way of embedding it with Xara, iframe, link and straight html and it did the vanishing bit with all of them! I'm not dozy by a long way and my wife is very good with programming etc and between us we couldn't really figure it at all.

I decided to remove the links for the phone calls on the tablet and main version and they are now only on the mobile version.