This has a ways to go, I admit, but I think some positive elements are in place here. First, modify the name. If you're an expanding chain, the "born in '32" reference will become less and less meaningful. It's my opinion that even a logo, a store name, is a chance to advertise it. I thought of Village Market as a (somewhat saccharine) effort to localize and make the massive food chain look a little more personal/less big. Then it struck me that if you add "Your" to the store name, first, you'll get an effect similar to a successful local cab company named "Any Cab Company". People tell Information all the time to choose any cab company for them. And there was a local band once here named "Free Beer". This name on posters attracted audiences!

Abstract examples of food, almost icons. Perhaps icons would work better in this Icon Age?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YourVillageMarket.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	112225

American Uncial, Letterhead Fonts' BigTop.

-g

After-thought: I'll look up Upstate Market and Central Market to see if they're taken. Central New York is sometimes called Upstate by those who don't live in the Hudson Valley.