I am completely ashamed to admit that we evidently have a designer living in New York State who designed this, and a company that actually is using it. Okay, perhaps my incense is a tad on the hyperbolic side, but can you think of a more illegible design that mis-uses the trendy swash effect?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SuckyLogo.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	112212

For most of us whose eye-to-brain functioning is normal, you probably need help decrypting this new logo. It's "Market 32". The owning company, Price Chopper, out of Schenectady, NY, wants to give the impression that the store chain is more "homes-y" and "traditional". In essence, they're painting the place with Pepperidge Farm PANTONE 465 UP...um, seriously, they put all their money into a new logo and haven't changed a stitch in the aisles, cashiers, and blah-blah.

I think, but am not use, that the "32" refers to the year the chain began.

Can anyone think of a better name to suggest "Honest goodness you set on the table", Christian values (), and a homestyle dis-ingenuousness that makes you want to good, old-fashioned smack the CEO?

How about a better choice of fonts and design for this sad logo?

Overly critical of my Shopping Experience, that we spend more than 50% of our income on,

Gare