Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Keeping up with Xara Zone

The Magix version of Xara Zone is adding content. Is there a way to tell people about it by putting a link here when it happens?
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Default Re: Keeping up with Xara Zone

Hi Grace,

I think you just did, but a direct link in your post would have helped others.

I took a look, and it's new look for the Zone. I like the more modern look but which, of course, contains advertising. Will Xara be able to keep it up? Will good content made freely available by users still be created and posted for Xara to use?

I await comments from the gurus.

John

I've taken a quick look at the revamped Xara Xone.

The advertising is minimal, which is a plus to Magix.

The Free Stuff highlights "textures, fonts, illustrations and more", but then only filters by author.
    You can use Search but only if you know it exists, e.g., what might "more" be?

Don't search with a large viewport for something that not there, you get clobbered with a massive black footer.

The embedded links in articles go to the old format in a lot of cases so I got lost quickly.

Citations to Authors are prominent.

The site is responsive and generally quick.

The one thing I didn't much like was the varied height of the 'playing cards'; filtering, searching resizing all through my eye about the page too much for my liking.
    The tamest approach, I found, was just to have a one-column view.

The unsung hero is the site search, the spyglass icon at the top of the page.
    It returns the type of information I actually want, without all the fanfare.
    If only Xara products could incorporate such a search capability (even a widget) into our sites...

Acorn

P.S. Not a guru.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I was thinking more of a notice each time they added a tutorial as we used to get. I look at Talk Graphics every day, but I don't think to go to the Xarazone web site on a regular basis.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

I think its still a pig to find what you want even with the search that works. With the old style especially in Gary P's area there was an index of the tuts and that made it sort of easier to find things. My memory can't cope with who was the artist, what was the title, maybe if the tuts are well tagged i might have a chance. The last search I did brought a huge number of files up with the right one so that was a plus. Maybe a downloadable index might work as well which should be easy enough to generate through the database.
    Design is thinking made visual.