Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Site displaying differently in different browsers

I just had a client call to tell me that there were several misspellings on their website. I opened up my Xara Web Designer 11 Premium and checked the site. I did not see ANY of the misspellings that the client pointed out. For example, on page http://cackc.org/about.htm on the left column where it reads; "Board of Directors and Officers" it displays correctly using Internet Explorer browser. However, in Google Chrome and Firefox browsers it says, "Board of Directors and Ocers". I have ftp'd in to the site and looked at the htm files with an editor and there are no misspellings in the code pages. It only displays incorrectly in Chrome & Firefox. Does this many ANY sense to anyone?

HELP!

Default Re: Site displaying differently in different browsers

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyInKC View Post
    I just had a client call to tell me that there were several misspellings on their website. I opened up my Xara Web Designer 11 Premium and checked the site. I did not see ANY of the misspellings that the client pointed out. For example, on page http://cackc.org/about.htm on the left column where it reads; "Board of Directors and Officers" it displays correctly using Internet Explorer browser. However, in Google Chrome and Firefox browsers it says, "Board of Directors and Ocers". I have ftp'd in to the site and looked at the htm files with an editor and there are no misspellings in the code pages. It only displays incorrectly in Chrome & Firefox. Does this many ANY sense to anyone?

HELP!
    You have probably used Calibri - it has missing glyphs that only IE renders.

Change the font - sorry there is no other fix.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's because you're using the font Calibri. This font renders correctly in IE but FF, Chrome & Opera have missing characters.

There's a recent thread about this. I'll give you the link shortly. Meanwhile just change the font Calibri to another font and your problem will go away
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Whoops! Acorn and I cross posting.

For more on this issue see:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...range-but-true
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    It's because you're using the font Calibri. This font renders correctly in IE but FF, Chrome & Opera have missing characters.

There's a recent thread about this. I'll give you the link shortly. Meanwhile just change the font Calibri to another font and your problem will go away
    Thanks gentlemen....I greatly appreciate this info. Who woulda thunk it?