Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Photorealism

Hi. I thought folks in this forum might be interested in http://www.vectorkid.com/main.html

It's a site about photorealistic vector graphics. The guy who runs it draws in Flash (someone needs to introduce him to Xara!), but he uses familiar techniques.

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld

Hi. I thought folks in this forum might be interested in http://www.vectorkid.com/main.html

It's a site about photorealistic vector graphics. The guy who runs it draws in Flash (someone needs to introduce him to Xara!), but he uses familiar techniques.

Marcus Geduld
    Marcus Geduld

Good to see you! We have missed your non-photo-realistic humor around here.

Done any animations lately?

For you new users who may not remember Marcus check out the Featured Artist September 1999

Maybe we should appoint you as ambassador to invite the "Kid" to visit some of the cool stuff being done in the Xara Gallery?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Yeah what Gary said.

Would like to encourage you to post some of your efforts here! It would certainly inspire me and others I'm sure! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bob C.

How funny that the first tutorial on his site is a gel button!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome back. Actually, I read the forums every day. I know that I need to give something back to the community, and I will soon! At them moment, I'm working hard on a play (my night job) and some Flash stuff (using Xara to create the vectors). When I come back up for air, you'll hear more from me. Honest!

In the mean time, if you feel a prickly sensation on the back of your neck, that's me lurking...

Marcus Geduld
    Marcus Geduld

That "Vector Kid" is alright. I like his site, it's very informative and simple. I transposed his tomato tutorial in Xara X. I can't help but think of what he can do given Xara X. I'm amazed he had the patience to do what he does in Flash!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tom.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	1217  

I visted your site and was thrilled to see all your illustrations. Your work is so much fun!

Risto