Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photograph within a circle

Hi Can you help please?
    I was trying to create a circle around a photo and added my photo then used the ellipse tool with ctrl depressed and created the circle then went to combine the shapes and chose intersect...when I do I get an error come up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	112052

Am using XDPro11
    Windows 7

Default Re: Photograph within a circle

Hopefully it's just an odd error. Try closing Xara down, and reopening it. Load your file again and see if it still happens. Intersect shapes is a fairly straight forward operation for Xara. Let's know how you get on.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you will do!!

Just closed it and re loaded ..brought photo in and did same again..this time it did actually do the photo but as soon as it appeared it disappeared and the same error message came up

well closed my machine down and restarted and then tried again and it did it!...bit drastic approach but it worked... I then tried it again and xra went into not repsonding...so shut down and started aagain...did it again..so have got my photo in a circle... but dont understand why Xara did this .. am running in x64 would that make any difference?

What did the error message mean and Xara often goes into not responding mode... just takes ages to do things with stopping and starting

but pleased I now have my photo...

Very strange MSD. Xara does kick up the odd error message. I can only suggest you send your xar file to support, as only they know the meaning of these error messages.

http://support.xara.com/
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host