Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Video by Egg So many questions...

I've just been watching a youtube video by Egg Bramhill and I have some questions. Making my vase, my lines are getting thicker or thinner when I move the nodes. What is causing this? Also if you have 2 halves of the vase, how do you put them together? If I just group them, I can't edit with nodes anymore. I am using the freehand and brush tool? Is this right?

One more question: Just on the off chance that I get this vase together, how do I color in between the lines? (the middle) Seems like I need a magic wand tool for that?

I just made 2 perfect halves but that was as far as I could go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wiYEiRFdzQ

Default Re: Video by Egg So many questions...

That was a blast from the past CWN, ten years old!

Also if you have 2 halves of the vase, how do you put them together?
    Strangely enough a very similar question has just been posted HERE, which may assist you in answering your question.

... my lines are getting thicker or thinner when I move the nodes
    I can only guess that instead of having the default 'constant' line, somehow you've applied a different stroke to the line such as a 'Blip'.

One more question: Just on the off chance that I get this vase together, how do I color in between the lines? (the middle) Seems like I need a magic wand tool for that?
    No magic wand required, you just need to ensure the line/s are converted to a closed shape. Lines in Xara can't have a fill, only closed shapes can have a fill.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've been working on this. I got the color done, not sure how I did it but I ended up with a black copy as well as the colored one. I just deleted the black one. Right, I did have to get the right line stroke--that helped. Now I wanted to post the vase but I can't export it .png without losing my colors. Any help for this? Thanks for the link, I will be studying it some more. Hopefully, I can create a few things without a tut.
    Thanks again,
    pslane

I can't export it .png without losing my colors. Any help for this?
    Probably exporting as Full Colour + Alpha CWN. Try Full Colour export.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Still have a problem exporting/saving transparent. Something seems to be wrong. The image changes colors when I drag it off the white background. Here it is exported jpg. And the xar file if you can find my problem.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vase.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	112057  
    Attached Files Attached Files

The reason it changes colour CWN is because you've applied a Circular Stained Glass transparency to the vase. Use a Circular Fill instead if you don't want it transparent.
    Egg

Egg

So the 2 halves just automatically lock together when you pull them? That's what I seeing. I'm going to experiment some but here is my vase that I finally got to post png with the correct colors. I had to choose error diffusion in the options to get the colors to blend for exporting. Thank you for your videos. I'm also loving the Australian accent.

Name:	vase.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	112070  

Still practicing. Here is an apple I struggled with and finally got it right. Filling my lines is the hardest part.

Name:	apple.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	112071  

You're getting there CWN but I don't understand why your having problems joining lines

Egg