Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Publishing

Default Publishing

I am having trouble publishing my website. My domain and hosting is through another company, I entered all of the information that it asks when publishing. It says it published but when I go to the url it is not my new website it is the old one. Can anyone help me with this? I have made a couple of tickets but have not heard anything from Xara. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Default Re: Publishing

First thing that came to my mind is that you might have to publish to a different subfolder. To check where the files are stored on the server you can use the built in web space explorer in the publish options dialog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hostsettings.png 
Views:	150 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	112042  

First try this: Refresh the page in the browser to see the changes, press F5 or Ctrl + F5.

If you still see your old site then this may be the answer. Xara automatically publishes websites with the .htm file extension. Your old site may use .html which browsers load first, even if the pages are older.

Try publishing your site and when it asks for the name, instead of index, the default, change this to index.html. Again, you may need to refresh the page in your browser to see the changes.

Just another thought; make sure your host is directing the correct ftp folder to your url.