Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Pro Actionscript

Greetings,

I created a very simple animation at Xara Pro 10 and exported as swf. However the application where I want to import it complains that it can only accept Actionscript 3 swfs...
    Is there any way to convert Xara swf files to Actionscript 3 swf ?

Best regards

Default Re: Xara Pro Actionscript

Hi Nuno,

I'm afraid Xara can only export as Flash 8 swf files which are AS2, not AS3, so I think your stuck.

Would the target application accept html5 files?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Unfortunately it doesn't accept HTML5, conversion would be easy... however your information was very helpful, if I could find a working AS2 to AS3 converter... Seems improbable though:

kirupa .com/forum/showthread.php?295698-loading-an-AS2-swf-into-an-AS3-swf

(I broke the link on purpose)

I will now investigate SWFMill / SamHaXe tools, seem interesting and helpful...

It's not possible to do from a xara file. They obviously have headers to say they are Flash 8 (AS2) generated swf's. The link you supplied is only allowing AS3 swfs to load & play older AS2 swf files. (Flash allows swf's to load swf' to load swf's etc)

Perhaps the application vendors could help if you explained the situation, after all there can't be much, if any AS in your swf file.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Absolutely... It seems that if they don't alter the import limitation I will need to convert swf to mp4. Many thanks, Egg!

Actionscript 2 based SWFs use a completely different virtual machine to the Actionscript 3 one. That's why these systems aren't happy to use them.

Don't waste any time trying to convert your AS2 file to AS3.

Can we see the animation?

I didn't created a fancy animation already afraid it wouldn't work (jusr the word url increasing in size)... Unfortunately I was right...
    Last year I created a small video, after 0:38 it's mostly done with Xara (everything except transitions):
    http://puav.com/
    but it was mostly to play with, I'm not promoting that website anywhere.