Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer Pro X11 with multiple drives arrangement

Hello!

I just installed the software .

My computer has 3 drives :
    Main drive OS(C) - Operating System and installed programs
    Source drive (E) - The work drive
    Render drive (F) - To render the finished work

I did not see an option in Xara for multiple drives arrangement .

Can you please help on how to do this .

Thank you .

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X11 with multiple drives arrangement

Quote Originally Posted by Michael7 View Post
    Hello!

I just installed the software .

My computer has 3 drives :
    Main drive OS(C) - Operating System and installed programs
    Source drive (E) - The work drive
    Render drive (F) - To render the finished work

I did not see an option in Xara for multiple drives arrangement .

Can you please help on how to do this .

Thank you .
    Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Install XDPX11 to your C: drive.
    Save your design files to your E: drive.
    Locally export to your F: drive.
    Save Backups (Utilities... > Options > Backups) to a folder of your choice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn
    That means , I can only safe to drive E .

I am going to be working with image files as large as 400MB , I thought there is a way to
    spread the workload, and take advantage of multiple drives .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael7 View Post
    Thanks Acorn
    That means , I can only safe to drive E .
    I am going to be working with image files as large as 400MB , I thought there is a way to spread the workload, and take advantage of multiple drives .
    You can choose where to save anything; it's down to your chosen organisation. It is possible to created a spanned volume over all three drives but I don't see the point - more to break.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I would like to manually edit path export from the name gallery to be able to edit multliple files rather than one file at a time. It's a given that the name of the object will be the same name as the export file, so why not have an editable text file that enables us to change the export path of all the named objects within a document? That would be much faster and easier.

The reason this would be necessary is if you are going from one machine to another editing a file, but the export path doesn't exist on another machine. Currently you have to create an export path for each object, when you go to a new machine, you either have to change all the objects or recreate the export path.

I have files where I have 80 objects saving to 16 different folders in one save operation. If I move to a different machine and want to edit and export, I have to alter folder structure to accommodate because if I don't, that means I have to change the export path of 80 objects one at a time through Xara's interface. And when I go back to the original machine, then I have to change those 80 objects back individually. I'd like a tool that would enable me to change export paths of a group of objects at one time. Since Xara doesn't have this, I export everything to same single parent folder with the same subfolder hierarchy and then copy all those folders and objects to another folder. Then when I work on a new file, I export to the same location, overwriting the previous files and moving those new folder/objects again. Everything has the same name and same folder structure.

I have to leave all the old objects in the folder otherwise Xara will fail to export. It must have something there to overwrite.
    Sheff
    My Site