Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I hope someone out there can help. I am stuck with this and have don't know how to make it work.

I have a flash file that I created some time ago that is a drop-down menu made up of 7 buttons. When you click a button, the menu moves down to expose other links. If you pick another button, the menu retracts and then drops the other menu button down. Now because of this there are layers in my movie that have loops.

Now what I am trying to do is have it where you first come to the websites home-page, an audio message plays. However, I want it where if you browse through the site, and go back to the home-page, the audio message will not play again.

The audio file in an mp3 file and I created a layer in my movie for it. I imported the file into the Library.

Now I'm not sure if importing it is the right thing to do and I do not know how to make it so it only plays on first entry into the website.

If anyone knows how to do this and can help me, I woudl very much appreciate it. And if you want to help, I'm sure I'll have to contact you again.
    IP

I hope someone out there can help. I am stuck with this and have don't know how to make it work.

I have a flash file that I created some time ago that is a drop-down menu made up of 7 buttons. When you click a button, the menu moves down to expose other links. If you pick another button, the menu retracts and then drops the other menu button down. Now because of this there are layers in my movie that have loops.

Now what I am trying to do is have it where you first come to the websites home-page, an audio message plays. However, I want it where if you browse through the site, and go back to the home-page, the audio message will not play again.

The audio file in an mp3 file and I created a layer in my movie for it. I imported the file into the Library.

Now I'm not sure if importing it is the right thing to do and I do not know how to make it so it only plays on first entry into the website.

If anyone knows how to do this and can help me, I woudl very much appreciate it. And if you want to help, I'm sure I'll have to contact you again.
    IP

A very simple method to do this would be to set a variable, we'll call it "hp" (short for "has played"), to false upon entering the movie. This should be in the first frame of the movie.

hp = false

The second frame will actually serve as your "main" screen so to speak. In the second frame, use the following code, after adjusting it to match your sound file information of coarse:

if(hp == false){
    snd = new Sound();
    snd.attachSound("SoundIDName");
    snd.start(0,1);
    hp = true;
    }

You'll have to import the mp3 into your library and give it an ID Name ie: snd.attachSound("SoundIDName"). Then, just set all your other sections to go to frame 2 in order to get back to the main screen. Let me know if I'm understanding the situation correctly or if this fix isn't viable and I'll try to help you.

Hope this helps,

Scott
    IP