Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Templates not displaying correctly in Xara Pro 11

Hi,

My templates are not displaying correctly in Xara Pro 11. The images are all over the screen when I open them, the preview doesn't even show the correct formatting and I can't even edit the wide templates correctly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the program and the content pack multiple times. I have gone to Control Panel and manually clicked uninstall to try and see if it was an installation issue. I ran the program as administrator and even cleared the designs cache.

I don't know why this is happening. I have a video here of what I am seeing: http://screencast.com/t/FUzXudbyxV

Please help

Default Re: Templates not displaying correctly in Xara Pro 11

Don't drag the template into your document, double click to open it. Remember to do a save as to save the file elsewhere.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thanks. I double clicked and it didn't work. I have always dragged templates into the program ever since the beginning when I started with Xara products in 2008.

So what I did which solved the issue was create the website template in Xara Premium 11. Once saved I opened in Pro 11 and it worked. Only the template I saved in Premium 11 works however all the other templates do not so if anyone else has this issue I am not sure of the fix if you only have Pro 11... but I managed to fix mine.

Your problem is being created because you dragging a website to a drawing page, NOT a web page. On your video it cleary shows your page is a drawing page as it has a clear white rectangle in the top left corner. A web template page has a W icon top left.

Do as Christine suggests, double clicking on the Website in the Design Gallery will open new tabs for the web page templates. (It also opens if you drag and drop it to a Web template, but far better double clicking).

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host