Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgraded General Contractor Site

Hey everyone. Been a while since I posted a site for review. Here is the newest incarnation of the general contractor site I have posted about before. I am happy with it as is the client. He actually got 2 new customers from it( they told him the site convinced them )within 3 days of it going live. I know it is not to the level many of you work at but I think for me it is a good one.

http://www.rfdowninghomes.com/index.htm

Default Re: Upgraded General Contractor Site

Nicely done!

I like it. The site has a traditional and solid feel to it, which fits the company business, so I think you nailed it.

I have a few remarks/suggestions:
    The pages load rather slowly but this may be improved by optimizing the pictures.
    Give the different pages meaningful names because now we see ".../page_6" etc. in the browser's address bar.
    On "page 8", the Photos page, you have a link to a YouTube company presentation. When you click it, the video opens in a new tab and starts to play with the volume full blast. Anyone at work secretly looking for a house will be exposed , so I would have the sound default to mute or "Click to play".
    The site has a lot of great pictures of homes and lots. I would use more of those on the mobile variant because the YouTube slideshows don't do them justice.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by Boy; 28 February 2016 at 11:12 AM.

Way better than most contractor type sites I've seen - nice to see a modern feel for sites that often look like they were designed in 1990. Nice use of a grid layout - something often overlooked on Xara-built sites.

I agree with many of Boy's comments. Use bigger pictures on mobile - longer pages aren't an issue.

Great job.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.