Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Seeking Font App for Stray Characters

I need a small program to work within or even outside a word processor that permits me to save in one place individual characters from different fonts. I use quite a number of symbols not all of which are represented in any one font. I don't mind mixing fonts. However, it's really a pain to always have to search through large font sets.

So I'd like to be able to collect, from different fonts, all the characters I need in one place, from which I can easily access them. Does anyone know whether such a thing exists? And, of course, if so, where?

At the moment I'm using LibreOffice on Windows 10, but I wouldn't object to using another word processor if it had this particular functionality. I'm guessing that this would be an add-on or extension to some existing word processor, but I don't really know.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Seeking Font App for Stray Characters

I think you are going to need to make your own symbol key. The word processor you use is fine for the task.

I would recommend BabelMap, which is like Window's Character Map on steriods. Use it to view the fonts you use. You can place all the characters from a font into the location in it, copy tuem, paste them into the word processor. Save that file and in the future copy and paste from it into your working file. You can also use Window's charmap utility for this.

Mike