Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: TG Etiquette

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Exclamation TG Etiquette

These are some rules of etiquette for participating on TG By following these simple rules we can all work together to keep our community running smoothly.

• Do take the time to get familiar with the different discussion areas and make sure to post your question in the appropriate area.
    • Don't respond to spam posts, PM a moderator, or use the report button, and let us take care of it.
    • Do think before you post. Be sure you really want that information out there!
    • Don't feed the trolls! If someone posts something you feel is inappropriate, PM a moderator or report it.
    • Do take the advice of Moderators with respect and obedience. The decisions of Moderators are not up for public discussion. If you have an issue with a Moderator's decision, then PM the Administrator.

And to be sure everyone knows, at the bottom of each post on the left hand side you will see a small triangle with an exclamation mark.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Report_Post.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	111943

This is the report button use this button to report abusive behaviour, spam posts etc. Your report will go to the forum moderators and we will take the necessary action.
    Last edited by Gare; 23 February 2016 at 10:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Re TG Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Frances, sorry to post a new thread but you've locked the earlier thread.
    Can I make the additional suggestion that you include a suggestion on how to do a a proper Google search of TG. TG's inbuilt search facility is crap
    You could create a bookmark with Name Search TG and URL:
    Code:
    javascript:q=""+(window.getSelection?window.getSelection():document.getSelection?document.getSelection():document.selection.createRange().text);if(!q)q=prompt("Search%20TalkGraphics.com%20[leave%20selection%20and%20box%20blank%20to%20list%20all%20pages]%20...").replace(/\s\+/g,"%252B");if(q!=null)window.open('https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Atalkgraphics.com/+%27+q.replace(/\s+/g,%27+%27));void(0);
    Basically, it saves you typing 'site:talkgraphics.com/ <phrase>' in a new tab.

You either highlight a phrase of any web page you are viewing and click Search TG or click Search TG and type in a phrase.
    I use DuckDuckGo over Google any day.

In this example web page, do not just click the link - follow the instructions: Attachment 121988

Acorn

Moderators note: This post was copied from this thread :https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-TG-Etiquette
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by angelize; 25 August 2018 at 07:57 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat