Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasteboard Background with Jpg Picture is tiled

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new at Xara Web designer 11 Premium. I'm under the assumption to have a Jpg picture as a background I would insert a jpg picture into the pasteboard background. When I did this the picture became tiled instead of filling up the whole screen with this one picture. I now have a tiled background of the picture.

I thought the picture would stretch to fill the screen but it didn't. I also didn't see an option that may show the pasteboard background is to be tiled and that I could un-check it.. The size of the picture is, 452 x 338 px,so maybe that's the reason but I thought the picture would be stretched?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Pasteboard Background with Jpg Picture is tiled

Hi axt2016 and welcome to TG.

It depends how you want your background to appear:

1: Stretch to fit whatever the Browser window is.

2: Be a fixed size, say 1026px

Start by importing a photo into the mouse off layer & then deleting it. It is still available in the Bitmap Gallery.

Open up the pasteboard layer and drop in the photo.

Right Click the photo and select Sticky/Stretchy from the drop-down menu.

Set to Stretch, Full Width / Scale stretched object. Set to top/middle/bottom

This will stretch to whatever the browser window size but be aware it will retain the same height.

Alternatively, drop the photo onto the pasteboard layer, select it, using the Selector Tool, drag out the sizing handles to a maximum size you require.

There's probably other ways to do it as well, but this is how I go about these two options.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by axt2016 View Post
    ... The size of the picture is, 452 x 338 px ...
    A picture that size stretched to 1600 (or more) pixels will look quite blocky/jagged. You may want to try a higher resolution image.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi Egg,

Sorry for the late reply but for some reason my password didn't work and had to reset it.

I tried your suggestion and it worked.

Thanks for your help !

Hi Ss-Kalm,

Sorry for the late reply.

Most of my jpg's seem to be pretty clear but you right, a higher resolution image will be better.

Thanks