Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Parallax Scrolling

Members have shown interest in my recent jigsaw animation created within a Xara Animation and Roly has also requested (in a seperate thread) a tutorial on how to create a three image parallax animation.

So stand by for a long mumble ...... I hope if you can follow me, you'll gain some understanding on creating html5 animations. Sorry it's so long, but there's quite a lot to explain Apologies re the drop in audio volume half way through, just pump it up. Best watched full screen at HD. I attach the xar file used in the creation of the animation.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 February 2016 at 10:55 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Parallax Scrolling

Hi Egg, thank you very, very much for an excellent tutorial but...the parallax animation was going to be my second request if the first request I made could not be handled for whatever reason. My original request was for parallax scrolling (not animation), I did a search in Xara to explain my request a little bit clearer and found the following thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ion-background titled Slow moving background started on November 11 2014. In re-reading the thread I noticed that you and Rob-Xar gave much information but seing a video from start to end on how it is put together would be much clearer at least to me and hopefully to others since I noticed a fair amount of interest for this type of scrolling in a website.

Thank you very much again, I will save this tutorial in a safe place so that I do not misplace it.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Roly,

Ahhhh! Now I'm with you. Yes, this is an entirely different effect. It's not an animation as per my video, rather using javascript & css.

No problem. I recently looked for "zoom & tilt" on Google, after an effect I wanted. It turned out what I really needed to search for was "Ken Burns effect".
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For those who are confused, here's the parallax effect I mention in my tutorial above. It's a Flash swf file here but it easily converts to html.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

I moved this thread to Web Design Chat.