Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Widget always in front - Need it further back

I am running into an issue I need help with. I am sure someone here can tell me how to do this. I have an image slider I am using on a website I am creating and I need to be able to have something go in front of/over part of it but it always displays at the front no matter what I do? It is not a Xara widget but I have run into that with those before too and it is the same issue.

I don't know what to do? I don't have the skills many of you on here do. I try but sometimes I just need some help. I am getting better but this one has me stumped. I was thinking about using an iframe but that is a lot of extra work if there is some other way. Can I add it to a layer of it's own and have it open or something?

Basically I need the slider to overlap the header and then the page content area is going to overlap the siider a little on the bottom for a layered look at the top of the page. I did a quick sample set of photos that will illustrate what I mean( not finished product and I know it doesn't look good now - just showing an example )and will attach them.

Thanks as always.

This is what I WANT to do...
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psuuousuoa.jpg

This is what always happens( slider is always shown at front )...
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...pshga89hos.jpg

Default Re: Widget always in front - Need it further back

I can't remember if there is another, simpler way but I have use CSS to force the object to the front for my own work.

You Name the objects to be in front of the slider as "htmlclass=front".
    You then add Page HTML code (head) as:

<style>
    .front {
    z-index: 10000;
    }
    </style>
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Could be a Flash widget, which always want's to grab the front. There's a workaround but before explaining further, is it Flash?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks guys.

EB;

No it is not flash. At least there is no flash specific file that does the whole thing. It uses code in the head and body that tells it how to run the slider and then there is a Java folder, a CSS folder, and an image folder that go in the website folder I publish to. The js/css folders each have data files in them and then the image folder has the images the slider uses in it. No idea if the flash player actually plays it somehow? As said though there is no swf or flv file that does the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I can't remember if there is another, simpler way but I have use CSS to force the object to the front for my own work.

You Name the objects to be in front of the slider as "htmlclass=front".
    You then add Page HTML code (head) as:

Acorn
    This worked once each image I wanted in front of the slider was renamed.

Thank you.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps1f9grltu.jpg