Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blog Navigation and Layered Links

Good day Could you kindly assist met with the following - I have not done this before
    1. Want to know how to create a blog Navigation
    2. On the Blog page - Within a page there will be a lot of articles with "read More" that redirects
    3. Links to other blog articles, basically I want within that page it has blog nav links to the other sections - I know it is a layer design but I am unfamiliar with that any help could be appreciated. I do not want to create a lot of extra pages - It is one page with links...
    4. How can you re-direct a page?
    http://info.sunsilicates.co.za/blog
    http://info.timelesssheeting.co.za/blog

5. Is there a code for comment box - which I can add underneath the blog
    Thank you

Default Re: Blog Navigation and Layered Links

So the sites you have offered for view are not made in a Xara application and you have identified yourself as having a very old Xara product (Xara webdesigner premium 7).

This approach requires a change to the page and republish for each new Blog entry or Comment...
    ... as Xara is a static site generator.

You are right, in Xara, you would create a Layer (name it Blog#nnn) with the expanded detail of the Blog article.
    The linking of a bit of text "read More" to that Layer is very simple: Web Properties > Link > Pop-up layer: Blog#nnn is what you need.
    You create a differently named Layer for each different Blog entry.

A Comment box could be made with a simple Text Panel from the Designs Gallery.
    The Comment can be butted underneath each expanded Blog entry in its Layer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am designing on the latest web designer premium

I am designing on the latest web designer premium
    Cool. Can you update your profile to indicate this? It helps the moderators and other knowledgeable users give you the best answers. (At the top of the page, go to Settings > Edit Profile).